Gen 1 front brakes

mike04busa

Registered
So after getting my 04 busa back after my very short run in with owning a 2008 ZX 14. I rode it 300 miles and sold it. LOL. I think the front brakes on the gen 1 are a little on the weak side compared to the 14. What need's to be done to make the brakes not feel like the pads are made out of wood? More progressive and stronger is what I would be looking for. There all stock right now.

You could try these front brakes, they are a little stronger..

brake%20_1_.JPG

Seriously better pads and steel lines help a fair bit.

BB

Ram Italia perimeter rotors which require a custom Marchesini front wheel.

They are long out of production.

BB

Speigler Lines, Carbon Lorraine Pads, and then get master if just not enough..

Nuc - the difference is your stock MC, the line attaches on the left side of the master cylinder.

On a Radial Master Cylinder like Brembo or Accossato, it exits on the bottom. You've rotated the attachment point 90 degrees so they are not the same. Will stock work, maybe. But generally if you put on a new MC, plan on also doing stainless steel lines. Doesn't make much sense to put on a spiffy new Radial MC, then leave the stock rubber lines on.

Accossato Radial Brake & Clutch Master Cylinder: FREE Shipping | Pashnit Moto

Deal on Accossato right now is order the MC & we'll throw in a free set of front brake lines to go with it.

accossato_master3_800.jpg

accossato_master3_800.jpg

Well, I rebuilt the master cylinder. I took the caliper's all apart and cleaned them all up and reassembled them. Last I put some braided lines on. Huge difference in the way the brake feel's. The caliper piston's were binding up due to a lot of build up from the year's. Thanks for the tip's guy's.

I have braided lines, upgraded pads and fluid, 6-plops and master in good condition,
it seems a little better than stock, untill I ride my B-King with its radial brakes.
Even with seven year old rubber lines it makes the Gen-1 feel so poor and dated.

By far the best brake upgrade for a Gen-1 must be a Gen-2 front end, and maybe
add a radial master that the B-King gets as stock.

Not cheap, but after selling the original front end the cost looks good compared to
the day you don't pull up in time.... LOL

Back