Gen 1 Front brake modifications.

Ive had my 'Busa RY now for just over two years.
The worst thing about the bike , apart from mismatched tyres n worn wheel bearings, were the awful front brakes.
Last year I swapped the original front Tokico 6 Potters for a newer set, changed all of the seals, pads etc and things were a little better .
Still not happy with my front stoppers this year I have replaced all of the discs with Wavy discs, front and rear, put in Armstrong Racing HH sintered pads front and rear and finally , still not happy with my stoppers I have replaced the front Master Cylinder with a Ducati 748 / 916 type Brembo Radial Master Cylinder .
The Busa already had Goodridge Braided steel hoses so I can now say that my front brakes are more than up to the job of stopping such a fast bike as this.

It would seem that now I have massively upgraded my Front brakes they are now in danger of overwhelming my front forks.
These are set quite hard, I have only 3 rings of pre-load adjuster lines showing and the compression is set quite stiff.

Any ideas on how to counter this??
Is it Progressive Springs that I need or should I try thicker fork oil?

Many thanks, love the 'Busa, makes me GRIN MADLY every time I ride it .

I've also done similar upgrades to my braking system as well except I replaced my busa calipers with a set of 65mm Brembo calipers. I rebuilt my suspension with Racetech fork springs and gold valve cartridges. You can select the spring size off their chart which is based off your weight and the weight of the bike

You could try these brakes....With the Ohlins R/T forks

brake%20_1_.JPG

I also have '99 'Busa and I overhauled the front calipers ( both calipers were gunged up with a waxy substance blocking the lower crossover ports, both lower pistons were seized) , new EBC sintered HH pads, Hel braided hoses and rekitted M/cyl with genuine Suzuki parts piston and seals etc... wow, what a difference!! I have '05 front forks with Ohlins springs and Racetech cartridges. Front end is good... at long last.

Back