Gen 1 frames, the same as Gen 2?

pxr5

Registered
Not a turbo question, but are there any differences, been offered a very clean & cheap 2010 frame,
I will be pulling apart my 04 busa,for a turbo project, may be worth using? thanks

I don't think that the gen 1 and gen 2 frames are the same. Where are you located that you can get a 2010 frame?

As far as I'm aware from reading other threads, they're the same but the newer ones have a few extra holes or mounts. Don't take my word for it.

The same except that the 2010 does not have the mounts for a center stand!

That's very help full thanks, Nosbig, not sure what you mean, but here in the Uk its legal to buy used frames with a title,

No problem, this is with wheels forks, swing arm,yokes, its a rolling chassis. thanx for the input!

The same except that the 2010 does not have the mounts for a center stand!

The gen2 also has an extra hole on each side for the the fairings. Near the front bottom of the tank.
A pin molded to the back of each large fairing pushes into rubber grommets in the extra holes.

OK so along these same lines...I've been thinking.

I see threads about swapping tails and such.

Here is my question or thinking. I prefer the styling of the Gen 1, but the underpinnings of the Gen II are a better bike. Can we swap Gen 1 plastics onto a Gen 11 bike? I'd love the idea of my 03 Pumpkin skin on a better bike.

How hard?

OK so along these same lines...I've been thinking.

I see threads about swapping tails and such.

Here is my question or thinking. I prefer the styling of the Gen 1, but the underpinnings of the Gen II are a better bike. Can we swap Gen 1 plastics onto a Gen 11 bike? I'd love the idea of my 03 Pumpkin skin on a better bike.

How hard?

You'll need a gen1 subframe and seat.
The gen2 guages won't fit perfect in the gen1 nose.
It has been done before.
Good luck finding anything here anymore.
Even most of the pinned threads are buried deep somewhere...which defeats the purpose of "pinned".
Something the moderators never fixed.

I was just asking because you don't see 2010's here on the states.

I always wonder the same when someone posts they have a '10 Busa or GSXR lol. Suzuki didnt import any bikes to the U.S.in 2010 in case someone reads this and wasn't aware.

Back