Gen 1 FI Light, Code 32, 33, 34, 35

durhamnc

Registered
Checked all plugs to see if making good connection, Any other causes to check, Only happens when throttle is twist fast, stumble and then runs smooth. Has Bazaaz box.

Bad PC the codes indicate issues with fuel injector circuits, all four. Remove the PC and see if it goes away. Do you run a shifter, because shifters can cause this too. set up to kill fuel to shift.

Poor contact in one of the connectors, likely ground wire. Likely to happen at certain rpm. I doubt PC, or they side stand switch (unless it happens over a bump). If your bike has some years on it, heat/humidity cycles may do that.

Has Bazaaz box not PC, I checked all connectors associated with bazaaz and injectors, Bike is set to kill injectors on shift with Orient Express Next UP Box and light has always came on during a run, but not just hitting gas like it does now. New fuel pump installed, didn't cure problem and was doing it before installing new pump. Read all the threads about this I could find, lots of welcomed suggestions but wondering if someone has pin pointed a common issue.

I had bazzaz on gen 1s go bad and cause stupid issues.
Also when duty cycle on stock injector is maxed it will throw those codes. Seen many times on gen1s with motor work and stock injectors

Try again, and pay attention at rpm. Open the throttle slowly, and see if you get this consistent at about the same rpm (e.g. happens at around 7-8k). If you do that would confirm that a poor connection in one of the connectors which simply resonates at a certain rpm and breaks the contact for a fraction of a second. Also, was this happening for a while, just rarely, but now is happening more often.

Fuel pump has nothing to do with the codes. It may pump less fuel and you won't be able to accelerate hard, but the ECU has no way of "knowing" it.

Unless your aftermarket stuff (Orient Express) does that (which is doubtful at a certain rpm). All FI circuits don't go bad at the same time. The only common thing they have is the ground wire, so if this one is open even for a moment, then the ECU sees all injectors as open and throws all 4 codes.

When you said you checked connectors, did you open it, looked with a flash light inside, and closed it? Or you just looked at it and said: "Looks OK". Even a clean looking connector will develop oxidation over the years which not visible to a naked eye.

You have to check/clean ALL connectors on the bike: open each of them, look with a flash light to confirm it's clean, spray contact cleaner (wear eye protcetion!!!), seal with dielectric grease, and close it up.

I had the same problem on my '01. Not only codes, the engine would shut off under acceleration, so I had to re-start it while the bike was coasting. I did what I suggested above, and the problem was gone.

Has Bazaaz box not PC, I checked all connectors associated with bazaaz and injectors, Bike is set to kill injectors on shift with Orient Express Next UP Box and light has always came on during a run, but not just hitting gas like it does now. New fuel pump installed, didn't cure problem and was doing it before installing new pump. Read all the threads about this I could find, lots of welcomed suggestions but wondering if someone has pin pointed a common issue.

I know you have a bazaaz you stated so. I would isolate the PC and see what happens, they have a history of failing. Also contact Orient Express tech about the issue if isolating the PC doesn't fix it. Also consider what IG stated as far as the common ground.

Back