Gen 1 electrical problems

Ogbigboybusa

Registered
i blew my main fuse hooking up the battery. Now every time I replace the fuse and try to hook the battery up, the fuse blows. Why the hell is going on?

This might be very obvious but check your terminals to make sure the + and - aren't reversed....

If they are, check the + wire to make sure it isn't grounding out somewhere.

Good idea, I'm sure it would help a lot of people out such as myself. So instead of being so sarcastic why don't you just do it.

This might be very obvious but check your terminals to make sure the + and - aren't reversed....

If they are, check the + wire to make sure it isn't grounding out somewhere.
Not only the battery leads, but any other accessories that might have been hooked to the battery. I have so much crap hooked to my terminals, that I wrap them with a zip tie before undoing the terminal screw, just to avoid getting them mixed up. I really need one of those fancy gadgets that fallenarch uses to distribute power.

Ogbigboybusa, our esteemed member,C10 aka Bryan actually said he WAS NOT calling anyone a 'dummy', merely referencing a series of educational publications with that description, it was never an insult or intended to be.
We are here to help on this forum, that is what makes this forum unique . . . so please don't take offense at any offhand comments, it's all in good fun!

I should make a video for dummies on 12 VDC . FYI not calling anyone a dummy , but referencing the book series of how too's for dummies .
I'm in need.. I have a 2001 Hayabusa gen 1 that I had to take the engine off and rebuild the bottom end. Before removing the engine the bike would start up and shut off and start right back up cold or hot with no issues. After the rebuild I placed engine back up on the frame and hooked all wires and connecters up and in the right spots but I have no power. When I hook the battery up I only get the neutral light and oil light on with the key out of the ignition and when the key is in and turned on still does it nothing changes. I've checked all my fuses and wires, looks like everything is ok but like I said I get nothing. Not even power to the dash to tell me if there's a code it's throwing. Plz help I'm stumped for the most part. I have a picture and video of what it's doing

Screenshot_20220916-194122.png

I'm in need.. I have a 2001 Hayabusa gen 1 that I had to take the engine off and rebuild the bottom end. Before removing the engine the bike would start up and shut off and start right back up cold or hot with no issues. After the rebuild I placed engine back up on the frame and hooked all wires and connecters up and in the right spots but I have no power. When I hook the battery up I only get the neutral light and oil light on with the key out of the ignition and when the key is in and turned on still does it nothing changes. I've checked all my fuses and wires, looks like everything is ok but like I said I get nothing. Not even power to the dash to tell me if there's a code it's throwing. Plz help I'm stumped for the most part. I have a picture and video of what it's doing

View attachment 1655571
Do you have a digital volt meter ?

I'm in need..
it’s impossible to diagnose your fault over the internet.
I suggest you call a mobile auto electrical wizard for a solution to your problem…
There are so many possibilities and with so little info you really need someone right there with your bike to start checking stuff.

Reactions: c10
it’s impossible to diagnose your fault over the internet.
I suggest you call a mobile auto electrical wizard for a solution to your problem…
There are so many possibilities and with so little info you really need someone right there with your bike to start checking stuff.
You underestimate my wizard skills . Every day I have to walk some low end fire alarm tech through basic meter use .
Being 1 of only two Master Techs in Texas in our company we get calls lol

You underestimate my wizard skills . Every day I have to walk some low end fire alarm tech through basic meter use .
Being 1 of only two Master Techs in Texas in our company we get calls lol
I am fully aware of your expertise in the electrical field Bryan.
If you can help the OP, go for it… I will watch and learn lol!

View attachment 1655571
So … where’s the video?

Back