Gen 1 compatible triple tree stand

SoCal Blur

Registered
I searched the forum and noticed that the only triple tree stand mentioned w/pictures shown to work on the busa is the T-Rex stand. Just wondering if there are any of you out there that have other brands / off brands that you know works well with the Gen 1 busa. It's not lowered.

Thanks.

Most any triple clamp mount front stand will work.
Any that have interchangeable pins, as most do(pin hole diameter in lower triple clamp varies between bikes).
I have a Lockhart Phillips front stand that's around 15 years old(it came with 4 different pins).
I have lifted many different sportbikes with it and never had an issue.

the ABBA Superbike motorcycle stand looks alot more sturdier and stable than the conventional stands IMO, thinking about getting 1 myself when the income tax return comes back

I have PIT Bull Stands. The front stand is a regular fork tube stand that accepts the Pit Bull Triple Tree addition. It's a Great Stand and I Love it!:thumbsup:

Most any triple clamp mount front stand will work.
Any that have interchangeable pins, as most do(pin hole diameter in lower triple clamp varies between bikes).
I have a Lockhart Phillips front stand that's around 15 years old(it came with 4 different pins).
I have lifted many different sportbikes with it and never had an issue.

I thought most would work as well but then I found one stand (that looks just like all of the others) that said it was not compatible with the Hayabusa but it didn't specify as to why it wasn't. That's why I'm asking the question. Knowing which triple tree stand org members are using on their busas at least gives me known working options.

This looks like the safest stand out there IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks like the safest stand out there IMO

Great idea except that it doesn't address working on the front end of the bike. It only raises the rear unless you have a friend stand on the swingarm.

I'm leaning towards this type of design. Not necessarily this particular one but something with this shape and adjust-ability. Do you think this type would work?

TTStand.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Great idea except that it doesn't address working on the front end of the bike. It only raises the rear unless you have a friend stand on the swingarm.

I'm leaning towards this type of design. Not necessarily this particular one but something with this shape and adjust-ability. Do you think this type would work?

That's like the LP one I have(except it doesn't have the adjustable sides).
There is also no pin made on to the end of the one pictured, so it should come with several.
Assuming it does it should work fine.
A rag over the front fender is always a good idea with that type of stand too, to prevent scratching it.

That's like the LP one I have(except it doesn't have the adjustable sides).
There is also no pin made on to the end of the one pictured, so it should come with several.
Assuming it does it should work fine.
A rag over the front fender is always a good idea with that type of stand too, to prevent scratching it.

Thanks. This particular one comes with 5 pins as it seems do most. (13mm, 15mm, 16.5mm, 17mm & 18mm) Seems like that is the standard assortment for most that I've looked at. Do you happen to know which size fits the busa?

Thanks. This particular one comes with 5 pins as it seems do most. (13mm, 15mm, 16.5mm, 17mm & 18mm) Seems like that is the standard assortment for most that I've looked at. Do you happen to know which size fits the busa?

Should be the 17mm or 18mm.
A friend is borrowing my stands now so I can't measure the pin.
I did measure the pins I have here and the smallest one is 19mm(the pin currently on the stand is smaller than that), and the 19mm is too big for the Busa.
I think you'll be fine with that stand.

Thanks, sixpack. At least now I have enough information to make an educated decision. Thanks to everyone else as well for your input. :thumbsup:

Back