Gen 1 clutch issue

magus

Registered
Picked up a gen 1. previous owner said clutch was bad and that it had been replaced but was still not good. It felt like it hadnt been bled. sure enough it had burned plates. I put in a new kit( stock suzuki), added 2 super heavy duty springs, but when I put in gear it would kill the bike as the clutch was not disengaging. I bled the clutch again just to be sure.. same result. removed the heavy springs and put all stock. when I pull the lever in I can feel the pressure plate hitting the cover and cant pull it all the way in. take the cover off and can pull it all the way. I double checked that the plates are all in correct. what am I missing or did wrong?

also have a good add on support for the slave cover. cover looks fine but this style support works even if it was cracked.

there are a few other special thickness plates that need to go in a certain order . im away from my manual currently but this would be something to look at , and the circular spring wave washer items 15 / 16 also
items 12 / 11 are steels but most are #11 here is a link with a photo / part numbers and order

Back