Gen 1 BusaRest backrest 25% Discount to 1st 5 customers!!

I was also wondering about the status of these still being built. Given the throttle responce factor and how it affects my wifes ability to relax while we ride I really wanted to buy one. My good fortune was to find another 05 Busa and look forward to having a way to carry things when needed. I like doing fabrication and might build my own if none are availible soon.

Wow, I have not kept up with this thread, like I should. I have to apologize guys, but I am no longer able to build these backrest. I was building them at a tool and die shop that I use to work at, they offered me a job and when I turned them down they said I could no longer use thier equipment (Even though they received a huge % off each one built).

I will be more than happy to help assist anyway I can if someone would like to try and copy my design. Build it first out of card board, then trace it out on to metal and put it together like a puzzle. I still have plenty of backrest pads and armrest pads, I would sell them at my cost if you are interested.

Thanks to everyone for the great comments, I really did enjoy building these. I hope you all get many comfortable miles out of them!

Thanks,
Kevin

Wow, I have not kept up with this thread, like I should. I have to apologize guys, but I am no longer able to build these backrest. I was building them at a tool and die shop that I use to work at, they offered me a job and when I turned them down they said I could no longer use thier equipment (Even though they received a huge % off each one built).

I will be more than happy to help assist anyway I can if someone would like to try and copy my design. Build it first out of card board, then trace it out on to metal and put it together like a puzzle. I still have plenty of backrest pads and armrest pads, I would sell them at my cost if you are interested.

Thanks to everyone for the great comments, I really did enjoy building these. I hope you all get many comfortable miles out of them!

Thanks,
Kevin

Hey Kevin

Glad you came back and responded. Your design is very nice and porportionally speaking, "right on". I also like to fabricate and was already thinking out my own design that would be very close to yours.

I would be interested in buying a pad from you for my own. I don't see myself producing more than one unless my aircraft assembly buddy wants to test the market.

Let me know what you need for a back pad and we can go from there.

Again... nice design.

Ted
Murrieta, CA

How do i order one
Read two posts above yours where this member stated that he will no longer make these for sale because he doesn’t work at the shop he used to make them at. If you click on a members screen name you can also see when was the last time they were on the forum. This member has not logged in since July.

This is a custom backrest/sissy bar that will fit any 1999 - 2007 Hayabusa. To mount it all you do is remove your grab bar, take the rubber cushions and spacers out of the grab bar, put them in this backrest and install on the bike in the same location as the grab bar. About 5 - 10 minutes to install. (This will not fit the second generation Hayabusa, 2008 and up, that design is coming soon!)

For a limited time I am giving a 25% discount to the next 5 people who place their orders which will bring your total to $168.75 also for these first 5 people who order I will be giving a 50% discount on shipping. After the first 5 people the price will go back to the original $225 + shipping. The only thing I ask in return for this discount is that when you receive my product please write a full review on the quality and post it here. Whether it is favorable or unfavorable, I do not know what to improve if no one tells me what is wrong. Also, when you purchase one of my BusaRest back rests I will donate $5.00 to this site in your name.

View attachment 228491

View attachment 228492

View attachment 228493

View attachment 228494

View attachment 228495

These BusaRest back rest are made out of steel. They are pressed, drilled, bent, welded and formed for a perfect fit. Everyone I build is test fitted on my bike shown in the pictures above. Then i have them powder coated to what ever color you wish (please leave a PM me the color you desire when purchasing, some colors could take up to a week to order).

This is a must have mod for anyone who plans to have a passenger not only will this give relief to the passenger, but it also allows the passenger to set a little further back which gives the driver more room to move around. It also helps to secure the passenger on the bike for any of those hard take offs that these powerful machines are capable of. If you have kids that are always wanting to ride but you don't feel comfortable letting them because they could slide off the back, this is a great solution to that problem and will also give you more quality time with your children.

Please PM with any and all questions or concerns you may have and I will gladly respond. Thank you for your interest in my product!

View attachment 228498

View attachment 228499

View attachment 228500

View attachment 228501

View attachment 228502

I ship Monday - Thursday. Your shipping time will vary on the color you choose. Usually takes 2 days to powder coat if the color is in stock, if I have to order the powder then it could take up to a week. I try to keep a large variety of colors, but if you need it fast e-mail me and check the stock on the color you wish to have. As of right now I have 5 in stock and ready to be powder coated. My turn around time will be 2 weeks once these 5 have been sold.

I will ship worldwide but the 50% shipping is only to the United States. I will give a discount to International buyers, however e-mail me to get a shipping quote.

I can also set up payments if you would like to do it that way, however, I will not ship or powder coat until the full price has been paid. PM me for more details.

View attachment 228491

View attachment 228492

View attachment 228493

View attachment 228494

View attachment 228495

View attachment 228498

View attachment 228499

View attachment 228500

View attachment 228501

View attachment 228502
Are you still making these

The answer is .......