Gen 1 Busa Head cracks

SABUSABOY

Registered
I have been having issues with water being pushed out the expansion bottle, tried new radiator, water pump cap. So pulled motor, removed head and had combustion chambers clean and found cracks between valve seats. Could this be causing the water to be pushed out of expansion bottle and if so, Could it be repaired or rather replaced for safety sake.

IMG-20181122-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20181122-WA0001.jpg

With aluminum and todays technology wonders can be done with cylinder heads. When you get into repairing though it might be most cost effective to find a good replacement head. Now if I had tons of money already into this head such as port work, trick valve job etc then I could see trying to save it. But if just stock I’d look for another stock head. With that said here’s a company that does top notch cylinder head stuff.

Already have some money invested in the head but to find someone in South Africa to do the repair is almost non existent.

Repairing those cracks, once they have already started passing coolant, is usually not effective. The seats can be cut out, crack welded, and new seats installed, however the cracks usually will make theit way back in a fairly short time.

Usually the most reasonable option is to go with another head, unless running dry (no coolant) is an option.

08 busa,43+k everything original ,never had any problem except 2 weeks ago my fuel pump start to making some noise but 5-10 minutes after i start riding.No loss of power or performance. I replaced the original pump/motor with the aftermarket one and i replaced the strainer/filter too.Same things happened again.Please help!

Back