Gen 1 Busa clock

jarcoo

Registered
I have a 1397cc gen 1 Busa with 24 volt starting. It runs great, but has developed an intermittent habit of resetting the clock to 1:00 and performing two gauge sweeps instead of one, first upon key insert and starting, and second after starting. It shows "88:88" at first. It seems to clear up if I reset the clock, leave it blinking, and turn the bike off. Any ideas?

I understand very little about auto electrics, but this one sounds like it needs an auto electrician and a multi-meter. Possibly a bad earth or something simple...

Thanks. The only lighting mod is the rear tail. Integrated LED wired by the dealer. No extra resistors, etc. and it has been on there long before this glitch with the clock started.

That is what my tuner said. But, he did not seem eager to address the issue. Just wondered if this clock glitch had happened to anyone else, and if so, had they found the cure. Thanks!

If you dont have Hids, im lost.

Send the cluster to Bluegauges.com

He can repair it!

Sounds like the transition from the 24v starting system to the 12v running system has a moment where there is 0v. I am assuming that the 24v is using only for starting. After starting, whatever method is used to switch back to 12v is causing a momentary open in the 12v system where it's not supplying any voltage. The results are the same as if you momentarily disconnected the battery. This would cause the clock to reset and the second gauge sweep.

Thanks very much. I think you are correct because when I took the batteries out to have them tested, the problem occurred on rehooking them up. Also occurred when I changed a stator gasket. Seems any electrical hiccup causes this thing to happen. Thanks again. Jim

Thanks very much. I think you are correct because when I took the batteries out to have them tested, the problem occurred on rehooking them up. Also occurred when I changed a stator gasket. Seems any electrical hiccup causes this thing to happen. Thanks again. Jim

Hi

I'm running 06 busa with 2 bros exhaust.

Did you solve the problem? I put 24v starting circuit on my busa today so I got same problem as you.

2 gauges sweep and clock shows as 88:88 then reset as 1:00.

Checked some connections on my busa but failed to solve this problem, It's not happened with 12v circuit.

Please share me if you solve the problem.

Back