Gen 1 Busa At the Track

niso

Registered
Spent the day at the local Track yesterday. That is P.I.R. in Portland.
They had a class of bikes towards the end of the day that had a mix of everything in it and one lone Busa.
Although he did not stay at the head of the pack, he was in the middle and did very well compared to all the Gixxers and R1s that were out there.
We were sitting right where we could see the most corners on the track and I was impressed.
It also made my sons think about how well the Busa's can keep up with almost anything out there. The guy on the Busa actually had much better lines that many of the other bikes in the tight stuff.

Because the Busa is big it does make you pay attention and think ahead before getting to the turns. She will not stop like a liter bike on the track. And because its heavy the brakes heat up and can get spongie so it forces you to ride smooth otherwise the brakes get mushy (don't ask how I know). For me the Busa was a good bike to learn lines at my local track. Besides it is very stable and not twitchy like my ZX-10R that I now use for trackdays.

I don't see anything wrong with tracking a Busa, kinda rare but definately possible.

I'm jus sayin..........

MF1A0203.JPG

MF1A1311.jpg

MF1A1348.JPG

MF1A1447.jpg

MF1A3494.JPG

MF1A9442.jpg

MF1A9515.JPG

Pir is a cool track,but sucks cause of the road course being the front straight of the dragstrip...I dragrace there a bit and enjoy watching the folks come down the front and come into turn 1 from up on the hill,100+ down to 40-50 mph is crazy...

Pir is a cool track,but sucks cause of the road course being the front straight of the dragstrip...I dragrace there a bit and enjoy watching the folks come down the front and come into turn 1 from up on the hill,100+ down to 40-50 mph is crazy...

Been in this area only 2 years so first time there, we started at turn 9 and then went out back to watch 2,3,4,5 I am thinking.
I just enjoyed watching that Busa and what it could do as I just came off a Gixxer 750 and into the big dog, did I mention that I love this bike.?

Hey Daniel, I'm still running your chain, it's perfect! Doyle

P1010337.JPG

P1010338.JPG

Been in this area only 2 years so first time there, we started at turn 9 and then went out back to watch 2,3,4,5 I am thinking.
I just enjoyed watching that Busa and what it could do as I just came off a Gixxer 750 and into the big dog, did I mention that I love this bike.?

:thumbsup: stop by sometime....

Hey Daniel, I'm still running your chain, it's perfect! Doyle

I recommend that chain as it's what we use on hot street/strip bikes and they still buy the zzz chain twice vs that one...enjoy the $$$ your saving :rofl:

Here's Gateway International Raceway just East of St. Louis. Don't bag on me because of my gear, this was not a Novice/Intermediate/Expert session. This was a Try the Track session for introductory riders to try the track under controlled conditions. If you like it, you come back some other day with all the leather, safety wire, etc. It was my first time ever on a track and I absolutely loved it more than anything I've done before.

IMG_9709copy.jpg

That's cool, we've been thinking about tracking again at VIR on 08's :bowdown:

I know where Boring is, worked there on Orient Drive in another life. How often do you make the drags at PIR, some one told me that friday nite was the bike nite ?

lol,i'm down below plymart,I use to go all the time but should be there friday night as it's a streetbike challenge should be tons of folks there...

lol,i'm down below plymart,I use to go all the time but should be there friday night as it's a streetbike challenge should be tons of folks there...

Now that may be doable, my boys would love it. They are all hot for the track right now....

Back