GEN 1 BUILD THIS WINTER

NICKxNOBLE

Registered
thanks ahead for the help. so i got a gen 1 that i want to turbo, i have every thing selected but how to fuel it. I want to know if i can install a stronger intank pump and bigger injectors, and just use a pc3usb to map it. I drag race and only interested in wide open throttle.

items that i already have:
spacer plate
turbo with internal wastegate
turbo header
piping to airbox
airbox without secondaries
oil feed and return
v-band exhaust 3''

Lose the internal gate. By airbox do you mean plenum? What are your power expectations? What kind of fuel are you planning on running?

A) By airbox do you mean plenum ?

B) What are your power expectations ?

C) What kind of fuel are you planning on running ?

A) YES *

Turbo intake top.jpg

B) MID 200's *

Turbo intake bottom.jpg

C) PREMIUM PUMP *

since your just drag racing....you can put big ole main inj. And not worry about idle smoothness

weld the internal gate shut....cut an angle into exhaust housing for wastegat....get a tune.....if your just drag racing then run race gas

could just get the 044 pump...future proof :)

You need adjustable cam gears for that spacer plate. You might want to get a power commander 5 that has the map sensor. That will help alot. You also need adjustable fuel pressure regulator

A big in tank fueln pump won’t be sufficient. You need to go full returning system to be efficient.

I have something in the works for that’s a viable option for a full returning in tank system, but it’s a few months away from market still.

on my zx11,I have a 1:1 regulator on fuel rail...with a 1/4" (-4an) hose to return to tank....tapped into adapter plate of fuel level sensor.....tank to 3/8 line (-6an) to walbro 255....6an to wye 3-way....6an to fuel rail,4an to secondary rail.

(fuel filter in between gas tank,and walbro fuel pump)

All together.

1/4” line has no business in a high pressure FI set up. Can’t flow the volume needed that you can with a 3/8 line.

Why do you need adj cam gears for a spacer plate?

obviously im talking about a plenum..

Do I need a bigger than stock fuel line?

I will run what ever fuel my fuel man and tuner recomends.

What is the benefit to map sensor?

When you raise the deck high by installing the spacer it puts your cam timing off. So the cam gears allow you to degree them back to stock.

The stock fuel line diameter is fine. But the factory configuration is a no returning style fuel system. The proper way to set it up is to run an external pump with a 1:1 regulator in a returning style configuration.

I would ditch the pc3, and go with a pc5 PTI. That way you can do boost referenced fueling. Otherwise. On a gen 1 you’re boxed in to using an fmu (no ideal, but works. Has HP limits though) or running a secondary set of injectors, and ecu to run them.

Why do you need adj cam gears for a spacer plate?

obviously im talking about a plenum..

Do I need a bigger than stock fuel line?

I will run what ever fuel my fuel man and tuner recomends.

What is the benefit to map sensor?
You came looking for advice, to give good advice I asked for more info.
It wasn't a question to make you feel dumb, you'd be surprised how little people know about turbo setups. I can't read your mind, so I asked.....
The question about fuel was simply to see what you intended to use. A methanol setup will have different requirements than pump gas for example.

Back