Gen 1 Brembo Adapters

Jpcl

Registered
Does anyone still make adapters to fit brembo calipers on a Gen1? All the old links on the forums here and everywhere come up dead. Nothing on ebay, etc either. Like many other before me i am on the endless quest to improve Gen 1 brakes :-)

Does anyone still make adapters to fit brembo calipers on a Gen1? All the old links on the forums here and everywhere come up dead. Nothing on ebay, etc either. Like many other before me i am on the endless quest to improve Gen 1 brakes :-)

Using HH pads and braided SS brake lines, what improvement are you seeking? Track use?

Need to be more specific, Brembo makes a lot of different calipers! Are you looking for 100mm (euro typically) Radial Adapters like the ones that KML posted above, 108mm Radial (typical Japanese) or are you looking for 90mm to 65mm Axial adapters to allow use of the Brembo 65mm calipers? They are all out there if you know what your looking for.

Thanks - that’s a very detailed page. I was hoping to find an adapter to go radial but those look speedy. The 65mm axial looks an option but something about the rotor sizes? May I ask what route you went in the end and what was the experience with the upgrade. I am considering worst case a rebuild of the tokicos..

Thanks - that’s a very detailed page. I was hoping to find an adapter to go radial but those look speedy. The 65mm axial looks an option but something about the rotor sizes? May I ask what route you went in the end and what was the experience with the upgrade. I am considering worst case a rebuild of the tokicos..

65MM adapters, Ducati 999 (4piston, 4 pad) Calipers, EBC HH pads, Custom lines. Truly bolt on mod and great results.
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20200902144024041.jpg

man?

save your money for other calipers and adapters - you don´t need em.

at my ´00 busa the usual tokicos are working as best as possible with
attention
organic ebc - pads

the only thing you have to do is a deep cleen of the tokicos as like as shown here on my page every 20-21 k miles

ok the steel braided are, after the deep clean, the best material you can use as hoses,
because the rubbers pump / swell like a artery in your body.
and if you buy steel braided get 2 longs from the master directly down to each caliper.

Thanks - i already have the braided lines and EBC HH lines. I have a brembo rcs19 on the way. Ill start with those things and then do a seal refresh and deep cleaning on the calipers and see where that lands me.

Thanks - i already have the braided lines and EBC HH lines. I have a brembo rcs19 on the way. Ill start with those things and then do a seal refresh and deep cleaning on the calipers and see where that lands me.
Hi I went with the Beringer calipers and master. I up graded to Ti caliper pistons and all bolts. The fronts was about $3,700.00 with Braking rotors. The back is also a Beringer from DME rotor and caliper $775.00 I keep the stock master.

I think you will be pleased with the set up you have when you install the RCS19........the stock master cylinder is just not up to the job.

Any secrets to bleeding these tokico 6 pots? I put the rcs19 mc and put new seals on the calipers. Brake just feels spongy. Bled the MC first and the left followed by right. Even put speed bleeders on. No bubbles coming out of anywhere. Lever is still too soft. The brakes on this thing just don’t inspire any confidence lol

Any secrets to bleeding these tokico 6 pots? I put the rcs19 mc and put new seals on the calipers. Brake just feels spongy. Bled the MC first and the left followed by right. Even put speed bleeders on. No bubbles coming out of anywhere. Lever is still too soft. The brakes on this thing just don’t inspire any confidence lol
Crank on the brakes and Zip tie the brake lever overnight.

Had tried the zip tie thing and it was still a bit spongy. Tried a few other thing like back bleeding, etc too. The brakes work but just a wierd slightly spongy feel. Turns out these 6 pots find some place to retain some air somewhere. I took the caliper off and then the pads off. Pushed the pistons back in by hand as far as they go and then for each caliper opened and then removed the bleeder. There was a gush of fluid squirting out at first pushing air with it and then finally settling into the slow drip. Put everything back and then zip tied the lever overnight. Firm brakes and great lever feel.

Had tried the zip tie thing and it was still a bit spongy. Tried a few other thing like back bleeding, etc too. The brakes work but just a wierd slightly spongy feel. Turns out these 6 pots find some place to retain some air somewhere. I took the caliper off and then the pads off. Pushed the pistons back in by hand as far as they go and then for each caliper opened and then removed the bleeder. There was a gush of fluid squirting out at first pushing air with it and then finally settling into the slow drip. Put everything back and then zip tied the lever overnight. Firm brakes and great lever feel.
Its for that very reason I added a double banjo bleeder at the Master Cylinder. This one is from lightech, but I am sure others make them as well.
bleeder.jpg

Did you rebuild the calipers? Have you reverse bled them? Bubbles will get trapped in the upper banjo fittings. There a couple other more extreme tricks.

Yes front calipers were rebuilt. At this point I am pretty certain the method of purging air from the calipers I described above is solid. I tried this on the rear caliper (without rebuilding) and it was like magic. I used to believe that the back brakes were never meant to be any good on the busa. Turns out they are pretty good stock.

Again the steps for me were

1. Bleed your master cylinder (if it has a bleeder). If you don’t have a bleeder you can basically pump the lever a few and then hold and then quickly crack open the banjo bolt. Some fluid/air escapes and then tighten things back up.
2. Unbolt calipers from forks and then remove dust shields and pads off
3. Push every piston in as far as you can - preferably all the way back.
4. Open your caliper bleeder screw and take it off completely. There is a quick gush of trapped air and fluid. Wait a min or so till it turns to a steady drip and put the bleeder screw pack. Pay attention to your reservoir and keep it full.
5. Bleed your calipers the normal way. Use a speed bleeder to make it easy
6. Zip tie the brake lever as tight as you can to the handle and leave overnight. For the rear I jammed a bar between the pedal and peg to hold it.

The stock calipers are pretty good for street riding if they are free of air.

Btw the RCS19 is awesome - I got the corsa corta for a deal even though I will never be able all its capabilities :-)

Thanks for all the help - hope this continues to be helpful to others ahead

Last edited:
Back