Gen 1 Brake Upgrade

Blackmax

Registered
Needed better stopping power so went with a gen2 master and the Brembo 4 pots , now I have better bite and no fade

DSC_0215.jpg

I was just checking to make sure you had them as well. I've basically did the same to my Gen1 a while back except I used a Brembo MC off a R1. No more sponginess and now 2 fingers is all I need to slow her down @ any speed :whistle:

Did you have to change the forks out or did they just bolt up

what kinda motorwork you have done to her? I noticed the GSX1400R on the tail along with the Quick access clutch cover and power scoops...........:race:

Calipers look well but the Gen 1 and 2 masters are the same 5/8" units....best change i made on my old Gen 1 was to use the radial master from a K7 GSXR 1k which is 19mm.

At the rear i changed the master from the stock 1/2" to a 14mm unit again from the GSXR 1k...doesn't sound like a big change but the improved initial bite was great especially when riding 2 up or with lots of luggage.

Calipers look well but the Gen 1 and 2 masters are the same 5/8" units....best change i made on my old Gen 1 was to use the radial master from a K7 GSXR 1k which is 19mm.

At the rear i changed the master from the stock 1/2" to a 14mm unit again from the GSXR 1k...doesn't sound like a big change but the improved initial bite was great especially when riding 2 up or with lots of luggage.

I thought the same thing < But from the owners Manual on both

Gen1 has 15.854mm master cylinder diameter, gen2 has 13.984mm
Gen1 has 26.970mm brake caliper piston diameter, gen2 has 32.130mm

what kinda motorwork you have done to her? I noticed the GSX1400R on the tail along with the Quick access clutch cover and power scoops...........:race:

Thanx , It's a Carpenter 1397 with heads and cams , with Steve Knecum doing some refresh work 1000 miles ago

Back