Gen 1 240 Kit Help Please

elementnblind

Registered
Hey everyone I'm new to the forum thanks for the add. Just purchased my first busa it's a 2004 busa I bought last week. Came with a lot of add ons. One being the 240 wide tire kit and I'm having some issues with it and I'm hooong to find some help please. The chain is hitting the rim and tire. Figured it was just because the chain was loose. Tightened up the chain still doing it but sounds like another issue. Looking at the axle something doesn't seem right. Thinking they put spacers in the wrong place or something along those lines. If any has a 240 kit similar to mine please help and send some close up pictures of axle and spacers so I know exactly how everything going. Thank you all for any help you can provide

IMG_2541.JPG

IMG_2542.JPG

IMG_2540.JPG

After looking at the rest of your pics, you have some real shady stuff going on there. That does not look like the right axle either. There is nothing stopping it from turning. Another thing that doesn't look right is the bolt with a piece of rubber hose laying across the top of your swingarm. What you need is to find out who manufactured that arm and order some parts.

Seeing what someone has done with the rear wheel you should really go over the rest of the bike with a fine tooth comb. No telling what other short cuts they have taken.

Good luck and :welcome:

After looking at the rest of your pics, you have some real shady stuff going on there. That does not look like the right axle either. There is nothing stopping it from turning. Another thing that doesn't look right is the bolt with a piece of rubber hose laying across the top of your swingarm. What you need is to find out who manufactured that arm and order some parts.

Seeing what someone has done with the rear wheel you should really go over the rest of the bike with a fine tooth comb. No telling what other short cuts they have taken.

Good luck and :welcome:
Yea agreed man Idk what they were thinking there. It looks like the all things chrome kit front what I've seen online but not sure how to know for sure. Yea that's the rear caliper it's not mounted really if I hold the rear brake and back up the whole caliper moves back and forth. It's crazy to see. We pulled the axle out today and found out the wheel bearings are bad and not sure about they way they have there spacers that's why I'm hooong to find someone with the same kit to check. I'm hooong to get it figured out soon. I already out 400 miles on it since I got it and dying to ride it some more but need to get it straight first

IMG_2522.JPG

Hi Elementnblind, did you swap the front sprocket with an offset sprocket? or it should come close to the inside of the frame. Hope that helps.

I'm going to check and see if they used a offset or sprocket tomorrow after work haven't had a chance to tear into it more hopefully get it all squared away then. Thank you

you have to grind down the frame on all 240 kits........off set sprocket as well. The axle is VERY shady. Get a new one!

Holy crap, i can not even imagine riding that thing with the axle like that or the brakes like that! Also having a chain grinding against the frame??? Please please park and redo! replace all bearings, sprockets, and chains with the proper equipment. I would fear for you and your life riding that!

Back