Gen 1 16 bit ECU swap to gen 2 32 bit ecu HELP

Billyt/uk

Registered
hi all
Im from the uk and been reading this forum for a couple of months now :thumbsup: What im after is the information to change my Gen 1 16bit ecu over to a Gen 2 32 bit ecu (as i want to remap it ) Ecueditor ect , Im aware that i will have to change the ECU and the crank rotor , what else needs to be done ? also if i change the rotor wil i also have to chage the coils or will my Gen 1 coils be ok inside the Gen2 rotor , any parts numbers would be helpfull or any trders on here with the parts for sale and be willing to ship the to the UK :thumbsup:

PS my busa is a 2000 model

Cheers Billy

I think the 02-07 electrics would be the easiest :thumbsup:

If your bike is a 1999-2000, you need the 02-07 Ecu, rotor, and you have to do a pin swap (move pin 56 to 33, pin 60 to 53, and swap pins 36 and 43).

If your bike is a 2001, you need the 02-07 Ecu and rotor. The harness is exactly the same on the 2001 as the newer Gen 1s. Just plug in the newer Ecu, install the rotor and go down the road.

thats it!:rulez:

if your bike is a 1999-2000, you need the 02-07 ecu, rotor, and you have to do a pin swap (move pin 56 to 33, pin 60 to 53, and swap pins 36 and 43).

If your bike is a 2001, you need the 02-07 ecu and rotor. The harness is exactly the same on the 2001 as the newer gen 1s. Just plug in the newer ecu, install the rotor and go down the road.

Thats it!:rulez:
great info!!!!

hi all
Well ive done the 00 to 02 rotor and ECU swap also the plug pins IE 56 to33,60 to53,36 to 43 the bike seems to run fine , but ive a F1 light flashing ,
I was wondering if its because ive a EU bike and the ECU is from the US any info/help would be gratefull.

Cheers Billy

hi all
Well ive done the 00 to 02 rotor and ECU swap also the plug pins IE 56 to33,60 to53,36 to 43 the bike seems to run fine , but ive a F1 light flashing ,
I was wondering if its because ive a EU bike and the ECU is from the US any info/help would be gratefull.

Cheers Billy

Jump out the white dealer mode plug under the seat on the left side with a paper clip or a piece of wire and let us know what code is showing on the dash - it will start with the letter "C" and have two numbers after it . . . :whistle:

Jump out the white dealer mode plug under the seat on the left side with a paper clip or a piece of wire and let us know what code is showing on the dash - it will start with the letter "C" and have two numbers after it . . . :whistle:

Thanks for the quick reply :laugh: it will be tommorow Now as it getting late here , but i will let you know ASAP.

Billy

Hi all
Fixed it :laugh: id forgot to remove/disconnect my 00 Power commander :lol: so its running spot on just ready for a remap :whistle:
thanks for the help on this forum id be lost without it :beerchug:

Billy

So now that you updated to the later ECU, does the speed restriction take effect?

I thought the top speed limiter was controled by the 10500 rpm rev limit :lol: and the 17/40 sprockets , if you can hit the 10500 rpm limiter in top gear with that sprocket combination on 00 model it will only give you 186/7MPH ,its a myth that the 00 is unristricted :thumbsup: by fitting a 02 ECU and rotor you can then by using Ecueditor unlock the ECU and take off the 10500 soft cut limiter and lift it to 112000 rpm and that will then give you 208 mph with the same sproket combination.

Billy

I thought the top speed limiter was controled by the 10500 rpm rev limit :lol: and the 17/40 sprockets , if you can hit the 10500 rpm limiter in top gear with that sprocket combination on 00 model it will only give you 186/7MPH ,its a myth that the 00 is unristricted :thumbsup:
Billy

I'm not sure that is correct. From everything that I've read and seen, there is no 10500 rpm limit on the 1999 and 2000 models. Of course I've never been at max rpm in 6th gear so I can't validate that myself, but I don't think it is a myth. You did, however confirm that the later ECU's have that restriction and must be edited to raise it.

The difference in the ridability is unreal :thumbsup: slow in town riding has been improved ,no 2000 rpm hicup , low down grunt feels much smoother :laugh: it idles much smoother ,out of corners feels smoother , im not so aprehensive about getting the bike over on tight bends/corners at slower speeds ,all together a well worth while mod:thumbsup: and i would highly recomened it :beerchug:

Billy

I'm not sure that is correct. From everything that I've read and seen, there is no 10500 rpm limit on the 1999 and 2000 models. Of course I've never been at max rpm in 6th gear so I can't validate that myself, but I don't think it is a myth. You did, however confirm that the later ECU's have that restriction and must be edited to raise it.

The rev limit and the speed limiter are two separate things, both of which can be modified in the later ecus using ecu editor . . . stock rev limit is 10,800. The later ecus will NOT go to 10,800 in sixth gear unmodified. Just go into the ecu using the editor program and remove the gear limiter. POWERHOUSE will modify and de-restrict any 02+ ecu using the ecu editor for $60 . . . just let us know what modifications you want, or tell us your setup and we will make recommendations. In the alternative, you can supply us with a particular .bin file, and we will flash that into your ecu . . .:cheerleader:

Back