Gen 1 1397 turbo?

Anyone done it before with reasonably reliable results? Any info appreciated!

Any modification that decreases head gasket surface area - especially between the cylinders - is not a good idea on a blown bike. We normally do not go larger than one over . . . why would you want to anyway? Stock bore, stock cam turbos have already surpassed 600 rwhp . . .:whistle:

Just cause I was curious....mostly just wanted to see if it had been done. Coming from the turbo car world I was wondering if someone had bored a motor out, sleeved it, then built up a FI package for it just cause they were being badasses :laugh:

Seems like if you did a bore out to the 1507 mark, then sleeved it, you could probably make something work, but it'd cost so much $$$ that I'm not sure what the point would be, except to have the biggest "package" on the block, if you know what I mean. ;)

I have a 1397 gen I busa that is bullet proof (very expensive build) as a N/A ride and had thought about getting it turbo-ed ... NOT A GOOD IDEA!!

As Frank states in post #2 "Any modification that decreases head gasket surface area - especially between the cylinders...." is a bad idea.

So I'm leaving my busa just the way it is and will build a turbo engine separately using a standard bore etc etc.

I'm sure a 1397 has been turbo-ed but they have not come forward yet! :laugh:

Ya know, I was wondering the same thing and haven't found any kind of confirmation.

I've known a few guys that have run 1363s in prostreet bikes. Most pass's are over 500hp. And a majority of the time they've worked fine. On small boost street applications with turbo pistons, they make up some of the lost low end grunt you would get with a stock bore turbo piston engin.

Your best bet is stock bore, just put more boost too it. If you got some money to run good fuel all the time, or can afford an ultra plenum, that gives you wiggle room to play with some compression...

i have one here we took from a rail, been over 475 a few times no issues with not even alot of boost. it's built right though, carpenter oringed turbo spec head and has all the goodies, i'm installing custom turbo kit and motor into a bike now....

mine is currently 1363 , and o ringed , there is not much material between the cyls now i can't imagine a 1397 between cyls, be difficult to even get a good o ring fit
did my bike to fit a specific class for LSR , otherwise it would happily left it at 81mm

Believe what you may, I never speak of what I haven't done and tested....Build them to best of your knowledge and use what works for you.. :thumbsup:

mine is currently 1363 , and o ringed , there is not much material between the cyls now i can't imagine a 1397 between cyls, be difficult to even get a good o ring fit
did my bike to fit a specific class for LSR , otherwise it would happily left it at 81mm

Back