gel seats

shortcut

Donating Member
Registered
on the way up to the fall bash i stopped at the dealer in ft payne where i bought my bike and bought a nice tu-tone gel seat. i changed out the bracket and installed it in the parking lot. figured it would help a bit with my first 250 mile day ride. well- i can't tell any difference at all from the stock seat as far as comfort is concerned. i like the look though- silver/black with an embossed kangi. matches my 06 blue/silver pretty well and now i have a stock seat to send to tobin some time. anyone else have a gel seat and what are your thoughts. $139.95 from dealer

i hated it like the stock seat alot better the gel one gets real hot and makes you butt feel like its on fire

Had one on my '04... like gl said.. everytime it got left in the sun for too long.. I had to ride quite a few miles, switchin from one azz cheek to the other, before it would cool enough to sit on without feelin like I was sitting on hot coals! I ended up just taking the cover off and puttin it over my stock seat~ When doing so, I pulled the gel out and it was just 1/2" thick (if that) layer laid over the foam~ I found the stock seat to be more comfortable myself...

(goodluck @ Oct. 05 2007,08:06) i hated it like the stock seat alot better the gel one gets real hot and makes you butt feel like its on fire
SHOCKED.gif

I tried the 2 tone one also. Rode 10 miles on it and switched it back.. no comfortable spot on it to be found.

Love my stock seat. Rode 400 miles in one day on stock seat.. no problems.

Somethin else I noticed when takin out the gel pad... it was magnetic! Reverse polarity, I guess, but magnetic just the same~ I just happened to have a magnet on my shop bench at the time and I noticed the gel would actually push away from the magnet~ I thought I had just smoked one bowl too many, but I brought the wife out (she don't puff) to make sure I wasn't halucinating it~ Sure enough.. every time I put the magnet near the gel.. it would push away..
all_coholic.gif

I had the dealer throw in the two tone gel seat when I bought my 06 busa. I rode with the stock seat for a while then switched to the gel. The gel feels firmer, but i like it better. I ended up recovering the gel with a second look cover. Now it looks awesome.

Gel seats have changed.
I had 1 a few years ago and they were nice and soft.
I've had 2 different ones within the last 2 months and they are hard!
A waste of money now, if you ask me!

thumb_down.gif

Wow glad I read this. I was thinking about buying one too. Guess I'll be getting a tobin this year instead.

I was thinking about buying one in the next couple weeks, looks like i'll rethink that....ive learned alot from this site, thanks for all the great info....

I love the factory Gel seat. I can move left and right MUCH easier. It will heat up in the sun which is blessing this time of year. In the summer I simply leave my jacket across it.
Nick

I spoke with the dealer where I bought my bike in Ohio... they got complaints and returns on every single one they sold... they finally dumped them all on ebay once and for all...

Back