Gears/mods for topspeed shootout

BigDiesel

Registered
I have list below of mods on bike right now- but just got info from prev. owner that gears are 17/42 or 17/43, he can't remember. Bike does accelerate waaay better than stock-let a fellow busa owner w/OEM '05 ride it n he was shocked at difference.

My goal is to make the 200club so i'm willing to sacrifice sum low-end. Need to know what gearing wud be better. I have a stock front sprocket sittin in the garage, n am in the process of deciding what rims to by-sumthing forged or magnesium whatever i can afford. But with HMF twins can I hope to make 200+ on top-end? do i need cams/airbox mod/head work/ etc? tryn to spend $$$ wisely here; want the most bang for my buck. susp is also OEM-will i have issues there? lotta ques. i know, but I promised the wife-to-be no racing till after wedding (August) then I get to go all-out, so really want to do this right. all help is GREATLY appreciated!!!

PS-if i make it into the Club-there's guna be a big party back in Mil-town when I get back! i'll keep every1 posted.

I'm looking for the actual spread sheet.... vice a screen shot.... I'll hook you up assuming I can find it.
It's a really cool tool.
Can't remember who I got it from a while ago....
blush.gif

dang Cecil-awsum spread there!! this will help alot dude, much thanx!!! I'm sure others could benefit from this info too. I guess i'm changin gears for sure then...any suggestions/ideas bout other good mods for the $$? I'm tryn to decide which cams to go with, n mebbe sum new 'stacks with bored throttlebodies. Any other inside info folks? if I get mad help from here, I'll rock sum big fat 'Busa Org. stickers when I bust into that 200 club! thanx again for anybody who contributes here!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

I plan on doing it at the salt flats . At that altitude you need at least 200hp I'm going to have a 40 shot and put a 39 tooth on the back. When do you plan on diong it and where ?

contest is @ Maxton Monster Mile (old airfield strip) in North Carolina, Sept 23-24. Sponsored by ECTA. go to www.ecta-lsr.com for info. dont wana have to spray if i can do without....I know me n NO2 don't go together....kinda like me n Tequila-makes for quite a party, but they always end BADLY.:p
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

It seems to be off a bit on the calculation.... maybe someone can chime in and help.

I found the spread sheet... let me know if you want me to email it to ya.

You need to get past the rev limiter (TRE or GPS mod) . AT least 17/39 gearing . Exhaust, new stacks , cams , and throttle bodies should do it . You will be at sea level there right?

I think I found the error in the spread sheet that I sent you.
Use the values from the screen shot I attached originally.

..............................Values (Enter)
Primary Drive Ratio 1.596
1st Gear Ratio 2.615
2nd Gear Ratio 1.937
3rd Gear Ratio 1.526
4th Gear Ratio 1.285
5th Gear Ratio 1.136
6th Gear Ratio 1.043

You need to get past the rev limiter (TRE or GPS mod) . AT least 17/39 gearing . Exhaust, new stacks , cams , and throttle bodies should do it . You will be at sea level there right?
not sure if Maxton is @ sea level, but shud b close. I'm no geography major....anyone know more bout Maxton?? anybody here actually RACED there?....or know sum1 who has? hmmmm.....thought u fellas liked to go fast with yer bikes...
rock.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

geez, for a site "dedicated to hayabusa enthusiasts" seems more like site dedicated to 'people who happen to ride Busas n talk alot about other s#@t when the're not busy touring on their 180hp beasts'.

C.-thanx for YOUR input dude. at least theres one active member here who knows more about these bikes than how to change a tire or sawzall a seat hump to keep a sissy-bar on the back.

thought ya'll knew sumptin bout speed 'round here-or am i still a newbie, so i gets no love till i'm donating?? HBR-i'll put up sum ends, if these fellas will start spillin' the beans bout how to get my sled to go faster. n u kin quote me on that!
blush.gif

Have you decided on an initial gearing config?

I like running a 18T up front.
For hi-speed runs, I've got a 38T for the rear... that's a theoretical 229mph gear limitation.
For 1/4 mile, I've been running 18 / 45... but will likely step down to a 42 or 43 rear soon.

Here's another tool that may help guide you...
Link Changed at http://www.tamparacing.com

I'll email you the source file when I find it...
cool.gif

Nice calc. but you need to and take altitude and weight into consideration ?

if you want to run 200mph at maxton the most cost efficient way would be to go turbo. nuff said. It'll give you the power so that even when you choose the non-optimum gearing, poor weather conditions, low rider experience, and a few other variables that you'll still hit 200 in the mile.

Realize that doesn't get you into the 200mph CLUB. You have to break a record that is over 200mph to get into the 200mph CLUB.

Just go race there and enjoy yourself. It’s a lot of fun and you’ll meet a lot of good people. Don’t get so wrapped up into setting a specific goal like 200. Instead just make sure that you improve your speed for each run.

if you want to run 200mph at maxton the most cost efficient way would be to go turbo. nuff said.

Realize that doesn't get you into the 200mph CLUB. You have to break a record that is over 200mph to get into the 200mph CLUB.
i know a turbo would do it, but don't have $3k to throw @ the bike all @once...plus, promised the Wife-2-be that i would'nt go 'overboard' with power....she's no idiot when it comes to racing-has her own '71 Chevelle set for 1/4mi racing...n she reads posts w/me regularly so she knows busa can hit 200+ w/o 250hp+ on tap. My shop buddies (@Zook dealership) mentioned spray in front of her, n her nostrils flared
mad.gif

we ty the knot in August, then I get to race in sept-so not much time to break in a turbo motor...IF i were able to brainwash her into letn me get one. Want to try to get there NA-w/o big bore kit either. If I don't set the record to get recognizd in the CLUB, thats ok...just want the slip that says 200+ so i kin frame that bad boy
smile.gif

you'll need more than just a stock engine w/pipe & dyno box to get to 200. Some have done it with a 1397, some gearing, tons of seat time, and a strong tail wind... the rest haven't...

Just go and have a good time! You'll see the biggest improvement coming from rider ability and practice...

<!--EDIT|Commuta_Busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144348127 -->

Back