gearing

smooth_gary

Registered
Hi Guys,,I am building a turbo hayabusa and wanted to know what is the best sprocket combination for top speed,,I want to run the mojave mile,, thanx,,,Gary

Hi Guys,,I am building a turbo hayabusa and wanted to know what is the best sprocket combination for top speed,,I want to run the mojave mile,, thanx,,,Gary
Since the surface is hard dirt ( assumption from the dust cloud pictures on site ) a fairly tall gear should be your friend on this. Your not going to need gear multiplication from low gears because starting traction isn't there to handle it. Once your rolling 40+mph maintaining traction with a taller than stock gear should be a mite easier to control. I am thinking 17 / 36 or 17 - 37 would be a good place to start. I have no experience on the Mojave Mile so take it for what it is worth. Usually the more torque you have the taller gear you can pull. I believe a few more variables need to be known before that can be calculated.

Depends on many things, how much power, rider size/weight, wind, etc...etc...?

Is it a Gen-I or Gen-II bike?

Since the surface is hard dirt ( assumption from the dust cloud pictures on site ) a fairly tall gear should be your friend on this. Your not going to need gear multiplication from low gears because starting traction isn't there to handle it. Once your rolling 40+mph maintaining traction with a taller than stock gear should be a mite easier to control. I am thinking 17 / 36 or 17 - 37 would be a good place to start. I have no experience on the Mojave Mile so take it for what it is worth. Usually the more torque you have the taller gear you can pull. I believe a few more variables need to be known before that can be calculated.

Mojave Mile is a 1-Mile paved runway and the Mojave Magnum Mile is 1.5-Mile paved runway (total course length is 12,500')!

You are thinking of El Mirage which is the dry lake bed dirt course... ;)

That gearing would be okay for a bolt-on Gen-I but for a Turbo bike he's going to want more...

If you post more in depth information about yourself (weight etc) and turbo build specs and all associated factors with the build (rwHP etc etc) then we can throw gearing combinations your way!

Back