Gearing/HP

Is not the feel, it's also a change in the bike's torque. The bigger the rear sprocket is, the more inicial torque the bike has. But less speed limit. Your choice

You can't believe everything you read. You didn't lose or gain HP when changing gearing. The Law of Conservation of Mass (energy has mass as well) states that mass (or energy) can neither be created or destroyed in a closed system. In other words, if nothing is added to the motor to add more hp but the output is just transmitted through different gear ratios, the power output of the motor has not changed. It is just represented in a different way.

So, if you change the gearing for more acceleration, you lose top end and vice versa. The total power (Energy) hasn't changed. Now a Dyno may not be able to properly detect the power because it is transmitted differently (faster acceleration) but the total HP is still the same. It has to be because the Law of Conservation of Mass says so... :rulez:

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! :laugh:
Dayum, can I steal that, I might just have a replacement for Grip It and Rip It. Sorry Don

I'm currently sporting -2 and +5 on a gen 2. It's a lot of fun! :D
To answer your question, it will probably "feel" like 10hp or so. Just do it and don't look back!

Back