gearbox failure / transmision

stoutgat.jroux

Registered
hi guys, how often does it happen for a busa to get damage to the gearbox(transmision)? i drive the 07 busa with about 25600miles on it. no this is what happen. when driving the bike in first,3,4,5,6, no problems but in second gear the bike got like a slipping feeling(gear catch and releasing). over here i heard it is quite a common problem. what can be the cause and is it realy a busa fault????????????:banghead: . over here it is expesive to get it fixed

unfortunately, the 2nd gear slip is a common issue but from what i've read, you can get the gear undercut to avoid it.

Sometimes you can get lucky and its just a bent shift fork, but normally it breaks the dogs of second gear in which case you will have to split the case. Either way you have to pull the motor. I have changed a shift fork without splitting the case but you need to pull the motor regardless........

I have a tranny expert here in VA I use. He just rebuilt BigRod330's tranny. Let me know.

I hear words like very common and common, but considering the number of Busi that suzuki have sold I don't know if I would call it common, but a known problem. Get second gear backcut when you get the tranny fixed, and if you're splitting the cases, get it done right ............

tahnks guys, well I am in south africa so to get it fixed over there by you will take weeks and I will not be able to do that job myself. I spoke to a guy and he also recomended to get the gear under gut and to replace the shift work. so it looks like i will be out of biking for a week or two. my gears is not the bad i can stil use second but must not maintain a constend speed or try to acelarate fast.

It has been very common not just on BUSA'S But Gsxr's also.
I hear words like very common and common, but considering the number of Busi that suzuki have sold I don't know if I would call it common, but a known problem. Get second gear backcut when you get the tranny fixed, and if you're splitting the cases, get it done right ............

Back