gear shifting

dirtyred

Registered
got a dumb question, has anyone ever turned there gear shifter upside down and made it where first is up and all the other gears is down, one of my friends got some things powdercoated and put it back on backwards and it changed fine just diff, we changed it back but not before riding it a few times. ha ha

It works! There are a few that do it.

Makes for some confusion when you ride mutiple bikes though.

Mine's backwards. I like it better...when you're hard in a corner (at least to me) i dont WANT to try to put my foot UNDER the shifter to get a higher gear. Stepping down on it is MUCH easier.

yea I don't understand any benefit to this. i suppose you could try it out and if you like it keep it. but i think I'll stick with what i know

its the way most motogp bikes are set up for the reason that ibified stated. Its simply so that you dont have your foot under the shifter while at full lean.

Mine's backwards. I like it better...when you're hard in a corner (at least to me) i dont WANT to try to put my foot UNDER the shifter to get a higher gear. Stepping down on it is MUCH easier.

Not to mention more ground clearance when leaned over to the left coming off the corner. Saves the toes of the boots too!

Back