Gear Position Sensor Location And Removal

bluesilver

Registered
I realize this might be a basic question for some, but i have done a bit of searching and so far haven't really come up with a answer.
On the gen 2, ( mine is the 2010 model ) where exactly is the gear position sensor located, i think mine is starting to play up reading neutral and wanted to take it out and either replace it or find out if it is faulty.
Is there also a part number for this?
All information is appreciated.
Cheers.

Cheers, looks like a bit of work and time to get that out, might have to save it for a weekend.
Do i have to remove the whole complete clutch assembly or can it be removed as one complete unit?
Is there any specifications on the torque requirements for doing the bolts and the like back up on the clutch?

Cover comes off
Outer clutch cover comes off

the hard part is the outter clutch basket, Impact gun to get the nut off

MAKE SURE the outer basket is seated and in the oil pump gear on reassembly

Cheers, will give it a go and will try and find some torque specs for the reinstall.
Is it worth while doing this Brocks clutch mod that i have read a fair bit about?
Only used as a street bike, so not drag racing or racing in general.

It's a bit of work as far as I remember from when mine started acting up. Some people say they've cleaned theirs and that fixed the problem. There was no way in hell I was doing all that work twice if cleaning didn't fix my problem, so I ordered a new sensor and cover gasket and did it in a couple of hours. Mine had less than 10k miles, but my gasket broke upon removal and couldn't be reused like some have done and I was glad I had ordered the replacement as suggested on threads about the subject. The oem parts schematic shows the "latest" part number that superseded the original, so I'm hoping that they revised the sensor and I'll never have to take it out again.

Funny how everyone has adifferent opinion of a difficult job
If the motor does not come out of the frame, it is is easy job
GPS switch probably takes a hour total
Do it on the side stand and you don't even leak oil

It's a bit of work as far as I remember from when mine started acting up. Some people say they've cleaned theirs and that fixed the problem. There was no way in hell I was doing all that work twice if cleaning didn't fix my problem, so I ordered a new sensor and cover gasket and did it in a couple of hours. Mine had less than 10k miles, but my gasket broke upon removal and couldn't be reused like some have done and I was glad I had ordered the replacement as suggested on threads about the subject. The oem parts schematic shows the "latest" part number that superseded the original, so I'm hoping that they revised the sensor and I'll never have to take it out again.

Good to know you can just leave it on the side stand to do the work.
I am still trying to find this oem parts schematic, something i haven;t heard of before funny enough.
Is there a link or somewhere that i can go to get this part number, did some more searching on here with no luck unfortunately.
Thinking i might as well order a new one just to make sure.
Cheers again, appreciate the information.

Good to know you can just leave it on the side stand to do the work.
I am still trying to find this oem parts schematic, something i haven;t heard of before funny enough.
Is there a link or somewhere that i can go to get this part number, did some more searching on here with no luck unfortunately.
Thinking i might as well order a new one just to make sure.
Cheers again, appreciate the information.
The other member is correct, just do it in kickstand and you won't even lose oil. As for parts diagram, doing a quick Google search will yield dozens of websites that sell OEM parts and have the diagrams.
http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Suzuki/Motorcycle/2009/GSX1300R/GEAR+SHIFTING/parts.html

Cheers, thanks for that link, i was searching by just must me typing the wrong information in.
Greatly appreciated.
Cheers.

Back