Gear or not to gear?

Dozerdriver

Registered
Have been thinking of gearing my bike now. I already did full exhaust (cannon), Bazzaz Fi unit and Pippercross race filter. My bike runs great and has tons of power. When I do roll ons with some of my buddies 1000's they sometimes get the jump on me and I have to catch them (depends on what speed we start at). Most of them are -1 tooth down in front. From a dig (dead stop) my bike will take them pretty easy (depending on rider). I was thinking of trying the -1 (front) or +3 (rear) but already have a hard time with wheelies.

I know I got a gen 1 but I'm -1 front and stock rear and I take my buddies 06 R1 any speed. and he is -1 +2 and has full exh and pc. I was +2 in rear but took it off , bike went faster et's w/just -1 front plus great on hgwy, hope this helps

When your ready we can hook you up with a Vortex Set-up:

Vortex Racing Suzuki Hayabusa 530 Front Sprocket: Vortex Racing Suzuki GSX-R + Hayabusa + SV + TL 530 Front Sprocket - Tobefast

Low Price Guarantee: Tobefast.com Low Price Guarantee

Vortex Racing Suzuki GSX-R 1300 Hayabusa 99-07 530 Rear Sprockets: Vortex Racing Suzuki GSX-R 1300 Haybusa 99-07 + BKing + TL1000R + TL1000S 530 Rear Sprockets - Tobefast

Low price Guarantee: Tobefast.com Low Price Guarantee

Vortex Racing Suzuki Hayabusa 530 Front Sprocket: Vortex Racing Suzuki GSX-R + Hayabusa + BKing 530 Front Sprocket - Tobefast

Vortex Racing Suzuki GSX-R 1300 Hayabusa 08-09 530 Rear Sprockets:
Vortex Racing Suzuki GSX-R 1300 Haybusa 08-09 + GSX-R 1000 01-08 + SV100003-09 530 Rear Sprockets - Tobefast

Check em out......Thanks

Team McCoy MotorSports
Hayabusa.Org Sponsor
ToBeFast: Motorcycle, Streetbike, Cruiser and Offroad ? Parts, Accessories and Apparel Superstore
Phone (606) 432-1556
Sales@tobefast.com

Well I ordered the 17 tooth front from tobefast. Figure it's cheap and if I don't like it I will change it back to stock. Thanks... :thumbsup:

Ordered rear sprocket and speedohealer yesterday and got an automated email response that something is on backorder:banghead: hope it's not a long wait.

I went -1 and + 2 in rear. It was great around town but out on longer highway rides the higher revs got a little annoying. My gas mileage went fom around low to mid 40's stock to around 30-31 fully geared. I put the stock rear sprocket back on and it made the highway rides better with mileage at around 36-37 mpg. I have ran it with all the combinations and can't really tell a seat of the pants difference between the -1 with stock rear or with the +2 and stock front but would definatly change one or the other for that low end punch.

I went -1 and + 2 in rear. It was great around town but out on longer highway rides the higher revs got a little annoying. My gas mileage went fom around low to mid 40's stock to around 30-31 fully geared. I put the stock rear sprocket back on and it made the highway rides better with mileage at around 36-37 mpg. I have ran it with all the combinations and can't really tell a seat of the pants difference between the -1 with stock rear or with the +2 and stock front but would definatly change one or the other for that low end punch.

Sounds like the plan...thanks.

Have been thinking of gearing my bike now. I already did full exhaust (cannon), Bazzaz Fi unit and Pippercross race filter. My bike runs great and has tons of power. When I do roll ons with some of my buddies 1000's they sometimes get the jump on me and I have to catch them (depends on what speed we start at). Most of them are -1 tooth down in front. From a dig (dead stop) my bike will take them pretty easy (depending on rider). I was thinking of trying the -1 (front) or +3 (rear) but already have a hard time with wheelies.
I went from 17/40 stock to 16/42....it made my busa feel like a whole new bike, and raised the fun factor through the roof :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :laugh: I will NEVER ride with stock gearing again.........

Back