Gear insurance?

ajblbv

Donating Member
Registered
So I was just wondering if gear was covered by accessory insurance? If not is there a way to insure it? I can see that being the most expensive part of a drop potentially.
Posted via Mobile Device

Not that I am aware of, my State Farm agent says they wont insure gear.

If you're in an accident the gear should be covered. My riding partner was able to make a claim for the gear she lost but I was told I couldn't make a claim against myself for my gear. Didn't make sense to me at the time but I had more important issues at the time and didn't bother.

I think if you have a claims lawyer in the family or as a good friend you could get the claim pushed through. About the only way to get a claim through insurance anymore is with a lawyer. What a shame.

I was compensated for the replacement of my helmet. Ohio is not a helmet state. I was not allowed to claim any other gear than that. I too have full coverage with state farm.

If you're in an accident the gear should be covered. My riding partner was able to make a claim for the gear she lost but I was told I couldn't make a claim against myself for my gear. Didn't make sense to me at the time but I had more important issues at the time and didn't bother.

I think if you have a claims lawyer in the family or as a good friend you could get the claim pushed through. About the only way to get a claim through insurance anymore is with a lawyer. What a shame.

+1... friend got in a pretty back wreck and they covered her helmet (jacket and pants were fine)

Back