Gear insurance?

ajblbv

Donating Member
Registered
So I was just wondering if gear was covered by accessory insurance? If not is there a way to insure it? I can see that being the most expensive part of a drop potentially.
Posted via Mobile Device

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
Not that I am aware of, my State Farm agent says they wont insure gear.

dadofthree

Seasoned Beef
Donating Member
Registered
If you're in an accident the gear should be covered. My riding partner was able to make a claim for the gear she lost but I was told I couldn't make a claim against myself for my gear. Didn't make sense to me at the time but I had more important issues at the time and didn't bother.

I think if you have a claims lawyer in the family or as a good friend you could get the claim pushed through. About the only way to get a claim through insurance anymore is with a lawyer. What a shame.

Acehole

The crowbar!
Donating Member
Registered
I was compensated for the replacement of my helmet. Ohio is not a helmet state. I was not allowed to claim any other gear than that. I too have full coverage with state farm.

TonyMastodon

Big Blue Burrito!
Registered
If you're in an accident the gear should be covered. My riding partner was able to make a claim for the gear she lost but I was told I couldn't make a claim against myself for my gear. Didn't make sense to me at the time but I had more important issues at the time and didn't bother.

I think if you have a claims lawyer in the family or as a good friend you could get the claim pushed through. About the only way to get a claim through insurance anymore is with a lawyer. What a shame.
+1... friend got in a pretty back wreck and they covered her helmet (jacket and pants were fine)