Gear Indicator with Built in Shft and Launch Light

How water resistant are these units ? And is the TRE in them a smart TRE So the mapping is right for each gear ? And if You have the TRE why would you need the GPS mod?

By the way I do want one ! Just wondering about some stuff.
beerchug.gif

I think there is very recent development in the ECY flashing world, i think the speed limiter might be able to be removed now inside the ECM.

A smart TRE just lets neutral be nuetral and all else 5th gear, nope mine isn't that, its possible i could do it but a lot more work, just a normal TRE.

The way i control the gear indicator is far from technologically advanced but it works well and you can control other things like relays for NOS shutoff or boost control using it.  I have 6 grounds coming out of hte sensor one for each gear, i have to actually remove all resistors from the gps sensor to make this work, once that is done there is no signal going back to the ECYU, i have to give it something (hence the 6.8K resistor like a TRE) so it doesn't default to 6th gear and let you hit the limiter at 10,200 at all times.

You are still restricted, but if you are a TRE hater, you wont want this gear indicator or my boost controllers, or my no NOS 1st gear GPS Mod.

i do also do the 1N23455 gps mods all the time, Schnitz actually carries them in stock.

I would ask you dont spray water directly on the indicator, but other than that I have no worries about them.

So the TRE reads 5th all the time ? And do you need the GPS with it .or would they cancel out each other?

A TRE is nothing more than a 6.8K resistor with factory connectors. Makes the ECU ALWAYS see 5th gear. A smart TRE does the same exact thing except when the bike is in neutral it lets the ECU see its in neutral. The normal TRE's when cold idling will change engine RPM when you pull clutch lever in, the Smart ones don't, thats about it.

I need a gps sensor to mdify to output ground signals when i build boost controllers, gear based anything, gear indicators etc. Near the factory white 3 pin connector i solder a 6.8K resistor between the black and red wire, this is the same exact thing as a normal TRE except i am not using an extra set of connectors to do it.

Greg

I used a TRE in my 02 and I realize what it did . So the best way to get past the restriction is just your GPS mod and that will let you run coustom maps for each gear . But then you can't use your shift/launch/light indicator. If you get the light set up with the TRE and a GPS mod your bike will be in 5th gear mapping . Which I had no problems with on the 02 in fact I know 5th and 6th are the same amd it smooths out your 1st and 2nd gears due to running alittle richer . I like your set up and just trying to figure out all that this will do . Also Is it more to get the connection for the shifter on it?

$10 for autoshift output, i have to wire an additional relay, it has 1 relay to keep launch light off when clutch is out, on when clutch is in etc. Just have to add 1 more relay to trigger your air shifter.

cool I will be getting one soon !

Come on guys lets get a group buy going here !!!!!!!!!
beerchug.gif

I would love to do that LOL, ill need everyone's gps sensors or ill need to buy some new ones, all out of cores, sent out about 6 or 7 of them this week.

Just got 2 or 3 cored back in the mail yesterday
biggrin.gif

I built up 1 unit last night and did the circuit board wiring on a 2nd to have a start on one in stock.

Much nicer with the PCB board vs hard wiring, I am very happy with how it turned out.

No more dreading doing these LOL.

hey bro, I inquired about one of these awhile back. How much for a gear indicator in red and the parts needed to swap out? How hard is the install?

Install isn't hard, hardest part is swapping the gps sensor, wiring wise is super easy, you plug power and ground into the euro connector near the right turn signal, and tap into clutch and tach with my harness.

To do gear indicator in Red requires me getting new PC Baords etc, at this time unless you want to pay for a new run of circuit boards I am going to stick with green for gear indicator and you choose blue or red for launch and shift etc.

Eventually maybe i can make up new boards with blue as gear indicator and red as gear indicator, but the cost required to modify the files and have them made isn't worth it for just 1.

Or now that i re-read your post LOL, are you just looking for a gear indicator? No launch or shift light in there?

Gear indicator would be $85 + shipping, if you need me to supply a gps sensor that would be another $35 core charge that ill refund when you send yours back, if you dont plan to return it you can buy it outright (the sensor) for $55 (my price buying them at the dealer if i have to buy a new one).

Greg

i have a couple of the displays wired up and in enclosures, just need some folks interested and a gps sensors, have some cores coming back soon but out at the moment.

Hey nice little board you got there. I got bored and thought of something that would be pretty cool. Maybe throw the LEDs in front of some numbers? Example (kind of hard to see):

19049241d6aafdf66ed131b371f0b602061367c.jpg

I know its probably extra work for nothing but hey, if you take custom orders give me a hollar
tounge.gif
I probably will end up getting one of these anyways but all I care for is the gear indicator and not so much the shift / launch part of it

You mentioned about a faceplate for numbers for gear are you thinking of just having a numer under/over light or actually haveing the numer itself light to indicate which gear,think that would be cool!

Hey nice little board you got there. I got bored and thought of something that would be pretty cool. Maybe throw the LEDs in front of some numbers? Example (kind of hard to see):

19049241d6aafdf66ed131b371f0b602061367c.jpg

I know its probably extra work for nothing but hey, if you take custom orders give me a hollar
tounge.gif
I probably will end up getting one of these anyways but all I care for is the gear indicator and not so much the shift / launch part of it
just seen this (thats what i get for not reading the thread all the way through) thats what i was talking about...sweet!!

Woops. Meant to say throw the LEDs behind the numbers
laugh.gif
. I'm sure if he did decide to do that it would look way nicer than what I posted. I'm no photoshop pro
tounge.gif

Back