Gear Indicator Pro w/ATRE for Suzuki

c0dblack

Registered
Anyone ever used the gear indicator for their busa? I am thinking about getting one but I wasn't sure if it was worth the money. I have an 05 Busa.
Here is the description below:
Thanks

The GIpro is a Gear Indicator with built-in Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator. This combo unit is not only the most advanced Gear Indicator on the market, but also the best TRE device available for selected Suzuki and Kawasaki motorcycles.

Gear Indicators compute gear position from engine and wheel speed, while the GIpro reads the Gear Position Sensor directly. This is why the GIpro gives faster and more reliable readings under any conditions.

The built-in Advanced TRE improves part-throttle response in lower gears. It will also improve low end torque at full throttle and disable the speed limiter on certain bike models. By default this function is turned off, and can be activated by the touch of a button. ATRE combines all the benefits of different types of TRE available today, in one single unit.
ATRE is a Switchable + Remappable + Smart + Automatic TRE.

Auto Brightness Controller ensures that display brightness is always optimal. The sensitivity level can be even fine tuned if desired.

The GIpro works well with, or without other aftermarket electronics, such as the Power Commander and SpeedoHealer.
The unit installs in about 10 minutes on most bikes and works out of the box. No cumbersome learning process is involved

I've had two. I started out with a red, gave it to a member here and bought a blue. I love it. No more shifting for 7th!

It's a great unit. ONly downside is the size. Acumen and DataTool make them as well. And there's even one made by our own smithabusa.

I can send you one if you need it. They are very popular items, and a lot of the members here have them.

Got a couple on hand. :laugh: Need one, Click Here & Buy Now.

Img_1122_GI_Pro_Gear_Indicator_500.jpg

Img_1122_GI_Pro_Gear_Indicator_500.jpg

Thanks for all the feedback. I really appreciate it. I will definately let you know if I decide to get one.
Thank Again!!

i love the ability to see what gear i am in with a quick glance :beerchug:

IMG_1989 (Large).jpg

i've got a used blue GiPro atre w/ instructions that i bought from pashnit several months ago and will sell for $90 to your door with no box. i'm selling it because i don't need it for the gen2.

Last edited:
what setting do you guys use on the unit? There are three maps to choose from. Not sure which one to use. Can anyone post the actual curves for each? This will tell me what I need to know.

Thanks!

Will the TRE get rid of the low speed twitchiness? I hate turning the throttle in first and second in the corners.

Back