Gauges

06limited1st

Registered
How do you get the stock gauges off? Ive had a new set of reverse glow blue 220mph gauges I wanna put on but dont know how to get the original gauges off and of course, dont wanna break anything...

Help?

Here is what you need to do. Loosen the 6 allen screws on either side of the nose, then take the upper inner fairings off; there are three allen screws. When you have those off, you will see two bolts at the base of the gauge cluster... remove those bolts and pull (gently) the whole cluster off... Once you get it away from the bike, remove the single connector in the back and they are off. Also, you will have a little more room if you take off the windscreen, but it is not required...

I hope that helps...

MCM

To swap out the guage faces, use the 2 spoon method.

Take 2 spoons, one on each side, and pop the needles off. Then when you go to push the needles back on, make sure you point them at 0mph etc...

Charles, I think he has a whole cluster to swap in?

I don't think you can swap guages, but maybe.

You either have to swap face plates or the whole cluster.

I think...
tounge.gif

(MC MUSTANG @ Mar. 18 2007,16:58) Here is what you need to do.  Loosen the 6 allen screws on either side of the nose, then take the upper inner fairings off; there are three allen screws.  When you have those off, you will see two bolts at the base of the gauge cluster...  remove those bolts and pull (gently) the whole cluster off... Once you get it away from the bike, remove the single connector in the back and they are off.   Also, you will have a little more room if you take off the windscreen, but it is not required...

I hope that helps...

MCM
You also need to remove the mirrors
wink.gif

no need to remove the mirrors. the gauge cluster will come out with removing the inners. remove the connector in the back. you won't need to remove the needles if your gauges came from SRP (street racer parts) You'll need to find the brown wire behind the right turn signal. it'll be your power source for the gauges.

take your time and good luck

(rockadaous @ Mar. 18 2007,18:08) no need to remove the mirrors.  the gauge cluster will come out with removing the inners.  remove the connector in the back.  you won't need to remove the needles if your gauges came from SRP (street racer parts)  You'll need to find the brown wire behind the right turn signal.  it'll be your power source for the gauges.

He is explaining how to remove the nose fairing
zzwhip.gif

(BA BUSA @ Mar. 18 2007,21:10)
(rockadaous @ Mar. 18 2007,18:08) no need to remove the mirrors.  the gauge cluster will come out with removing the inners.  remove the connector in the back.  you won't need to remove the needles if your gauges came from SRP (street racer parts)  You'll need to find the brown wire behind the right turn signal.  it'll be your power source for the gauges.

zzwhip.gif
he won't need to remove the nose fairing to remove gauge cluster. Inner panels will provide enough room to remove the 2 bolts for the gauges

(BA BUSA @ Mar. 18 2007,20:10)

zzwhip.gif
Naw, I only said to loosen the six screws on the nose, cause it makes it easier to pop out the upper inners...

I haven't figured out how to get the gauges off without removing the inners - unless you guys are going underneath?

All I do is remove the wind screen and the inners. Just kinda work the inners out by turning the handle bars to open up the area. Seems to be harder for the right side??

And use a towel to cover you handle bar area so you do not scratch the gauge glass when pulling them out.

I know that you don't have to remove the nose...the inners and the cluster will come out without removing anything  
beerchug.gif

I think we 've got this one covered
tounge.gif

Ok first start with a really big hammer, then........................

J/K Its all covered!

Haha! Well dam, thanks for all the information.. This is definitely gonna help.. Gonna try it today along with lowering it myself..

THANKS AGAIN!!
beerchug.gif

Here's a general how-to with pics:

It's for changing the headlight, but still goes thru the motions of removing the cluster.

Note: the upper inners have already been removed - which is necessary to access the two bolts holding the cluster in...

Ha! I was just thinking I loved how the instructions for lowering were laid out with pics and how much that helps..

A visual always helps, Great feedback on this one guys

Once the cluster is out how do you get the front off / and remove the oem gauges so that i can add an aftermarket set of gauges.

Daz

(wichet @ Mar. 23 2007,17:29) Once the cluster is out how do you get the front off / and remove the oem gauges so that i can add an aftermarket set of gauges.

Daz
screws in the back of the cluster

Back