Gauges not responding

arey

Go Giants
Donating Member
Registered
Hi guys. Yesterday my bikes gauges stopped responding. They have light but the needles don't spin & the time & miles are blank. Any ideal what it could be?

It's a 2003 yes it starts, actually everything works accept the gauges.

Take the gauge cluster out and make sure the plug in the back of it is secure. Also check your fuses.

Already did both things with no luck. I even disconnected the inverter of the illumiglo face plates & gear indicator.

Wish I had an answer for you. Being as they were apart to install the Illumiglo, is there a chance moisture got in and corroded the circuit board?

There also a way to reset them so the gauges move like when you first start the bike. It's like hold the black button turn on they key hold it for 5 seconds.

Do a search for gauge reset. Mine were stuck on full temp and full gas and I did the reset and back to normal. My hid wires were interfering.
Posted via Mobile Device

No luck. I have one ? when you put the ignition switch to the on position should the F1 light turn on? Because mine is not.

Not at home but I think it does. Do you have mileage or time?

Did you find the manual reset?
Posted via Mobile Device

I did the reset, I also disconnected both hids. It does not have mileage or time but the lights turn on. As the the F1 it does not turn on with the switch placed in the on position I think that's normal.

Have you been hanging out with that guy I slapped around trying to sell odometer resets not too long ago?

I did the reset, I also disconnected both hids. It does not have mileage or time but the lights turn on. As the the F1 it does not turn on with the switch placed in the on position I think that's normal.

I would say find someone with the same gen busa and put their gauges on to see if theirs work on it. The lights work because they turn on with their own specific pin tied into turning the key to the on position. I doubt the whole gauge would go bad because there are so many different signal wires. Have you done any wiring work near the ECU?

I would say find someone with the same gen busa and put their gauges on to see if theirs work on it. The lights work because they turn on with their own specific pin tied into turning the key to the on position. I doubt the whole gauge would go bad because there are so many different signal wires. Have you done any wiring work near the ECU?

Yea! That's want I am going to do. I have not done any type of work on my busa for the longest.

Back