I have the following symptoms:
  1. the gauges will no longer sweep when the key is turned on
  2. the time display is illuminated but no display
  3. the mileage display is also illuminated but no display
  4. no FI codes
  5. Does not prime fuel, so it wont start
so what I have done so far to trouble shoot it:
  1. replaced the ECU, no change so I placed the original one back on the bike
  2. replaced the Tip Over switch, no change so I placed the original on back on the bike
  3. pulled all fuses to ensure none are blown
  4. disconnected random connections and reconnected them in hopes to find the problem.
  5. said all kinds of sexy poop to her, still no vrooom.
I will add a video of this later tonight once I get home to show exactly what it looks like etc, any and all help in appreciated.

Hi... What year is your busa? Have you had any engine work on her when the issue started? Sometimes the pump cable gets lose and that is why you don't hear the pump.

Do you see the Neutral light? If yes... When you turn on the kill switch can you hear anything? press start bottom and at the same time press and release the clutch and check if makes any difference. Same with the side stand. Let us know

short story: she is running again
Long Version:
its a 2007, anyway after reading your response my brain went into overdrive and went nuts checking things again. I followed your train of thought and
  1. checked the clutch switch to be sure that wasn't the problem by bypassing it with a momentary switch I had laying around.
  2. then I moved on to the kickstand and verified that was working by placing it in gear and then pressing and holding down on the starter... reached down and pressed in the kickstand switch and it spun over.
  3. replaced the speedo with a spare I had laying around and it danced :banana:
so far so good, it should be starting right? still no pump priming... so I decided to go through the fuses once again and low and behold it was blown, my eyes are getting old and the break was very small :banghead:
so she started up, lets see about this speedo... after letting her get all warm and bothered I shut down the bike, swapped back to the original speedo and by some strange twist of fate it worked again. :confused:

anyway I shut her down, went back out to see if all was well and she fires right up and the speedo is also happy. thanks for responding and making me go back out into the garage for another go at her!

short story: she is running again
Long Version:
its a 2007, anyway after reading your response my brain went into overdrive and went nuts checking things again. I followed your train of thought and
  1. checked the clutch switch to be sure that wasn't the problem by bypassing it with a momentary switch I had laying around.
  2. then I moved on to the kickstand and verified that was working by placing it in gear and then pressing and holding down on the starter... reached down and pressed in the kickstand switch and it spun over.
  3. replaced the speedo with a spare I had laying around and it danced :banana:
so far so good, it should be starting right? still no pump priming... so I decided to go through the fuses once again and low and behold it was blown, my eyes are getting old and the break was very small :banghead:
so she started up, lets see about this speedo... after letting her get all warm and bothered I shut down the bike, swapped back to the original speedo and by some strange twist of fate it worked again. :confused:

anyway I shut her down, went back out to see if all was well and she fires right up and the speedo is also happy. thanks for responding and making me go back out into the garage for another go at her!

My first guest was the fuse, but you already posted that you check it. But I am glad that you got her working... Glad to help

indeed, my lesson learned is keep it simple stupid! should have been more concerned with the fuse than trying to find some major failure.

Ok. moral of the story is this: Always, and I mean ALWAYS use a test light when checking fuses, checking for power at both sides of the fuse.
A visual check is unreliable as you found out with a good deal of frustration. :banghead:
Great that you persevered and sorted the problem. :beerchug:
1522255752266.png

Back