Gauge swap...anyone done it?

RocketRyder

Registered
Curious if anyone here has swapped out their '01,2,3 or 4 instrument cluster for one from '00 or '99 so you have the 220mph speedo? Thinking about doing it cost is high from the dealer but not worried about the money. Rather have a stock one than an aftermarket speedo face plate swap. Figure if I'm going to do might as well be now when I pick it up with zero miles on the clock.
Question 2.....ever swap out or hear of someone swapping out the stock ECU for the older ones to get rid of the restriction problem? I know if you can it would not make sense money wise since TRE's are cheap but just curious if it would even work?

Thanks

What you think no one tried this.
Hahahahahahaha.
The 99-00 whole guage assy will plug and blot in and work fine.
you can swap ecu if you swap stator/rotor , wiring harness and either gas tank with pump or figure how to wire the newer pump to the old wiring..

Question how many times have you hit the limiter?
rock.gif
?

Not saying anyone hasn't tried it or that it was even feasible. Never hit the limiter cause I haven't gotten the bike yet. Would I ever.....don't know.....just interested to see if there was an alternative to doing the tre...nothing more.
Thanks for the info though.

TRE mod, a set of 220mph Indiglo Guages and a speedohealer or yellowbox
works for me only mine read 340kmh instead of 290kmh
works perfect and you keep the original guages
tre about 20cents
Indiglo's about $80us to $100
speedohealer about $80us Speedohealer

I did the same thing as ohzone. Works great and not hard at all to do. There is all kinds of info on how to wire the stuff in.

Back