Gauge Change

JohnDo

Registered
I see post showing gauge changes and website address with colored night/day gauges.

Can anyone explain how to change the gauge?

Depends on which you want to replace. The whole unit comes off with about four fasteners and a electrical plug (best to remove the windscreen for easier access). If my memory serves correct less than four screws to access the face plate (Some have had to remove needle to attach gauge). Might have to do some trim work depending on who's stuff you purchase.

Did my homework.................

From a post by ICE.
Remove inners
remove two bolts holding guages.
lift out slow and unplug harness on back.

With harness on table. remove lid of guage panel.  Screws on back.  easy

remove set screws on needels.  there small be carefull not to loose em

put piece of masking tape on factory guage on both sides of needle to protect guage faceplate.  lay a spoon on both sides of needle on tape and using lever motion lift needels off.  lift out lift out guages being carefull not too loose those little needle stoppers like everyone does.

swap out guages.  drill small hole in plastic housing out back for power wires.

remount everything. wire 4 wires to power, check lighting.  HI five your buddy, reinstall on bike.  complete wiring.

cant screw it up.  Small note:  DO NOT WIPE OUT THE GUAGES ON INSIDE THERE IS A "FILM" ON IT TOO KEEP STATIC DOWN.  SO DONT TOUCH INSIDE GLASS.

THATS IT.

ICE

You do not need to drill a hole in the casing. Route the wire through the harness hole, use needle nose to pull the new plugs through the rubber boot, plug the harness in and finish wiring your gauges.:cool:

Back