Gauge bezel

BigGeorge

BigGeorge
Donating Member
Registered
BrendanP and I will be getting a chrome bezel to replace the stocker.

Anyone know if we run a risk of braking the gauge housing? Last time I had it off I was checking to see how easy it would be to replace the bezel and (to me) it didn't look that easy.

Thanks!

0b_1.JPG

I saw those on feebay. I did not like the Kanji symbol in the middle.

The picture looks like you don't have it.

Where you getting those?

Is it plastic?

runeight...

(runeight @ Jan. 09 2007,12:31) I saw those on feebay. I did not like the Kanji symbol in the middle.

The picture looks like you don't have it.

Where you getting those?

Is it plastic?

runeight...

They are billet. Didn't want plastic and I'm not a fan of the stocker.

Hey BIG GEORGE, I have an extra set of gauges if you want to practice using mine and I get to keep the chrome bezel If you don't break my gauges. I'll pay shipping both way.
biggrin.gif

(1 BAD 2K @ Jan. 09 2007,14:13) Hey BIG GEORGE, I have an extra set of gauges if you want to practice using mine and I get to keep the chrome bezel If you don't break my gauges. I'll pay shipping both way.
biggrin.gif
Wow! That's pretty generous 2K. Let me think about it.

No thanks.
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

I think a DIY thread on replacing the guage bezel is in the works
beerchug.gif

How much was it?

How much faster is it gonna make your bike go
tounge.gif
looks cool, but bling's not my thing
beerchug.gif

(heavybusa @ Jan. 10 2007,09:50) I think a DIY thread on replacing the guage bezel is in the works  
beerchug.gif

How much was it?
It was $159.

I spoke with the seller and he told me that it should take between 30-mins and 1 hour to remove the stock bezel and install the chrome. He said that when you're pulling off the stock bezel that it might seem like you're gonna break something - but that because Suzuki uses some extra strength double-sided take to affix the bezel to the panel.

I was wondering if anyone had experience with this!

(Tango1300 @ Jan. 10 2007,12:01) Use dental floss between the edges of the doublestick and pull back and forth.  It splits like a date after prom!
Good idea... thank you!

Everywhere I looked the chrome bezel was $160 with an "exchange" for your old bezel. This was the first company I found hat didn't require an exchange... AND it's billet. The other companies were chromed plastic.

beerchug.gif

Let me know how it works out BIGGEORGE, I saw same BILLIT part and want to put one on my 06-LE.
super.gif

Back