Gastritis is…

I Love My Wife

Registered
Very bad! And painful physically but also my diet will suffer no sugar, fat, alcohol, spices, or caffeine.
The Dr. Told to eat extremely bland, said that if I need a snack have a Saltine… but scrape the salt off first.

Don't get stressed out, that's what's caused mine. Sorry for the babbling I'm very tired from the "flare up" I had a couple hours ago.

Sorry that sux! Hope it gets better. And btw they make unsalted saltines :cool:

Sorry to hear that. Will you always have to be on that diet or can you splurge once in a while when its under control?

Having medical issues and or problems is not fun. Sometimes it takes what we hate to be the best for us. I hope it all works out.

The bad part of deviating from a strict diet is pain / cramps or running for a bathroom...the best thing is knowing what upsets your body and avoid it. Aside from a doctor diet try a health food store and let them know your situation...they may have some foods / recipes that taste good and are safe for you.

Hopefully this all just temporary. I've been stressing out over house stuff for about 3 months (we just bought a new one and are almost ready to rent out the old one), so I have 2 weeks of meds and boring tasteless food. After that I should be in the clear, but another visit to the Dr next week will reveal more info. Thanks everyone for your encouragement.

Back