gas tank swap

him

"THE HAYABUSA STUNT GUY"
Donating Member
Registered
My gas tank came in yesterday and ill probably be doing the swap today...is there any secrets i need to know or suprises? Also what do i do with teh gas what hoses to i need to clamp off do i need any special tools?

Really simple to install....the float is kinda tricky putting it in,,,is yours a california emissons or the other us states tank...

Never done the pump part, but as far as pulling the tank off, the fuel lines have a quick disconnect, there's one at the carb end and one at the tank end, just squeeze the prongs and seperate whichever one is easiest for you to get to (I did tank end). Don't forget to disconnect the wiring harness clip going to the pump (left side just forward of battery). Now for actually removing the tank, just remove the 2 12mm bolts across the brace and remove the entire hinge. Do not try to remove the 4 bolts attaching the hinge to the tank, I found this to be impossible. Also pull your vent lines up before lifting the tank off, no need to fight them once you start lifting. All in all, pretty simple.

Back