gas tank question for fuel pump

streetfighter

Registered
can some one on the board tell me if i have a late model tank can i take off the early model fuel pump that is on the throttle bodies and us the one that goes in the tank
and if so is a plug and play job or is there mods i need to do to run the 05 tank and pump insted of the 99 tank and pump set up
any info that would help please
john
lc4gs@hotmail.com

I don't see why not, MPS makes an external conversion kit for the the late model Busa for rydaz wantingn  to increase gas tank volume i.  Seems like your going backwards. I'm sure theres a good reason why you want to place the pump inside the tank.

MPS weblink.

i have an early model busa and i have a late model tank so i want to get the pump for it so i dont have to get another gas tank si need to find out if i just put the late model pump witht the late model tank that it will work so i can take off the early model pump on the throttle bodies
somone on here must know about this

(Rhythm @ Feb. 12 2007,12:15) I don't see why not, MPS makes an external conversion kit for the the late model Busa for rydaz wantingn  to increase gas tank volume i.  Seems like your going backwards. I'm sure theres a good reason why you want to place the pump inside the tank.

MPS weblink.
You will lose your fuel sending unit with that adapter, no more fuel gauge.

(streetfighter @ Feb. 13 2007,14:58) i have an early model busa and i have a late model tank so i want to get the pump for it so i dont have to get another gas tank si need to find out if i just put the late model pump witht the late model tank that it will work so i can take off the early model pump on the throttle bodies
somone  on here must know about this
The new style tank with internal pump will work but you will need to replace the connector for the pump and the fuel sending unit. On the older bikes there are 2 connectors and on the internal pump tanks there is only 1 connector.

Back