gas tank mod

harley to busa

Registered
Hi, I found a good deal on a B-King and when I sat on it I just don't think I can get comfortable with my legs spread out so far. Has anyone removed the air scoops and relocated the lights? I saw a tricked out B-King in one of the motorcycle magazines that had the air scoops removed and it looked alot better and less Batmany.

Thanks.

why waste money on a B-King? :welcome: to the Org

if it is cheap enough go for it, i just got rid of my B-king and it was just as much fun as my 09 busa and ran as good, i wish now i would have kept it.

also :welcome: to the org. but taking the air ducts of off the side is not going to make it any narrower your legs is against the tank and not the air ducts, allthough the air ducts is of no use on the B-King they are just for looks they do not serve as ram air or any thing like they do on the busa, i took mine of after my first few passes at the Texas mile and it seem to help because only thing they are good for is to catch alot of air and hold you back, any way good luck on getting the B-King you wont regret it, they are alot of fun, i will own another one.:thumbsup:

As stated above the knees don't touch the blinker pods, they are against the tank, so you really wouldn't accomplish anything, other than making the B-King not a B-King.

Thank you for the direction to Wild Hair Accessories. I'm 6'3" and my knees were butting up against the air scoop, but if I add the Buell peg mod that should give me sufficient leg room. I see a lot of potential in the B-King and that is why I am interested in buying the one I found. Thank you again.

Soom interesting stuff. Heard if you called and talked they would cut good deals. Still debating a b-king myself

I am 6'1" and my knees were brushing the top of the scoops. I installed the Buell footpeg mounts and it was a noticable difference for me to have my legs fit well into the cutouts. It is important to be able to " leg grip" properly on a bike like this that has the torque to eject the driver. The buell pegs took some stress of my hands having to squeeze the handle grips for dear life. And they were easy to install even for me.

i looked seriously at the bking also. i've got a naked busa and i don't like being leaned over anymore like stock busa's or 14's. I imagined i would get rid of the side panels totally, and the tiny headlight that looks like it came off the transformer movie set, and put on something that fits the look of the bike better with a moderately high windscreen.
Considering you can get a brand new king for 9k, it is the best deal on a powerful bike out there. there's even one here in seattle with akropovic cans brand new for 9k at a dealer. i'd make a comfortable long haul bike out of it. i wish i could put that swingarm on my busa.
I've also got a 300 hp b-bird that i've installed naked bike handlebars on, and i will never go back to clip-ons. The b-king is already comfortable, and the back half of the bike looks great stock with aftermarket cans.

Back