Gas tank full or almost empty for drag racing?

hughy454

Registered
I was wondering if anyone has experimented with a full tank vs. almost empty. I normally run empty to try and keep the weight down, but I heard that you may improve your 60ft. with a full tank. That it helps keep the front end down with the extra weight. Im lowered and strapped now. I just dont want to fill it up and then need to drain it out at the strip.. (if its slower) also no petcock on the gen2 ? may be hard to drain. Thanks!! :thumbsup:

dunno, you could try and see what works for you and if need be siphon the fuel out, or drain it using a longer hose and the pump if you need to drain it.

thanks I usally run empty also, but think maybe I can use more throttle sooner and help keep the front down. I really need a stretch, but any one with info on gas or no gas would be cool.. I will try it empty and then half, then full, next time out and find out. ???

i have seen no difference between my times when comparing runs with little gas or a full tank. i think that most people will see an improvment in times due to changes in the weather,wind picking in the afternoon or just more rubber on the track....and think it is due to less gas....

I run mine with about 1.5 gallons in it. Have tried it full and empty and found no differece in 60' times or keeping the front down. With that amout in the tank I can get 2 runs and on the 3rd run at the top it sputters.

I run mine full. I saw no difference when I used to run it with a gallon compared to full. Now I just fill it up at the beginning of the race weekend and don't have to worry about it. It is nice when your going round robin and don't have to stop by the trailer to fill up.

Back