Gas mileage????

BlackBeast78

Registered
Ok sorry I have been away from the board for so long but I FINALLY got the bike on the road after extensive polishing. Still waiting on some chrome bits but its ridable for now.

I went through my first full tank of gas and only got about 80 miles on it. I never went over 6 grand on the tach.

Is this normal mileage for a bus.??? I'll post some pics up soon.

Thanks guys.

p.s. I LOVE THIS BIKE- SMOOTH, COMFORTABLE, QUICK, and surprisingly good at CORNERING

I don't know why you got that kind of gas mileage man. I average around 38 or 39 mpg depending on how hard I ride.

My first tank I got about 120 miles out of it... second got better... and now I'm getting around 38-39 highway.

<!--EDIT|Kanati
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147019050 -->

I get a little over 200 miles/tank. On the ride I took yesterday, the computer showed that I got 50 miles/gal average. It was a slow cruise in the rain though.

Just for kicks I reset the mpg computer while doing 100, rode for several minutes at that speed and averaged 42.4 mpg, at 130 it dropped into the low 20's.

Maybe it will get better.

Kevin

Here in florida's stop and go low gear rush hour traffic i get around 36 mpg according to the busa's computer.But still way better than the mpg i get from my hummer H2.God gas prices.I need to buy a prius
sad.gif

227.8 miles the little yellow light comes on.
266.0 miles I fill her up.
47.0 MPG is what the trip Odo says.
44.9 MPG is the lifetime over 64,000 miles.

pirate.gif
Raider out.

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "1411"|1147039659 -->

Back