gas mileage question

There was just a thread about this a couple of weeks ago. Should still be there. If I remember right the average was around 210, low about 104 when on turbo high about 275.

There was just a thread about this a couple of weeks ago.  Should still be there.  If I remember right the average was around 210, low about 104 when on turbo high about 275.
The AVERAGE was 210 MILES?

...My goodness, do I have an extra cylinder or something? If I'm doing all highway and riding real nice and purty I'll get to 200 miles, and that really means looking around for fuel at around 160, just to be on the safe side.

140 miles MAX riding in the city with winter gas. I think I'd better lay off the Krisy Kremes...

My gas mileage indicator goes from 20mpg (track) to 50mpg (highway), FWIW.

There was just a thread about this a couple of weeks ago.  Should still be there.  If I remember right the average was around 210, low about 104 when on turbo high about 275.
The AVERAGE was 210 MILES?

...My goodness, do I have an extra cylinder or something? If I'm doing all highway and riding real nice and purty I'll get to 200 miles, and that really means looking around for fuel at around 160, just to be on the safe side.

140 miles MAX riding in the city with winter gas. I think I'd better lay off the Krisy Kremes...

My gas mileage indicator goes from 20mpg (track) to 50mpg (highway), FWIW.
Hell i can get that cuch when I am doing 180mph + and I thought I was doing bad. You do the mathe

22 liter (5.8 gal.) even at 18 miles to the gal. is 104 miles per tank. average of 30 mpg 174/tank average normal Busa @ 36 miles per gallon. =208.8 per tank. NORMAL RIDING. No it is not the Krispy Cremes it is the difinition of NORMAL. Lets face it if you are thinking how much you can get per tank you are riding on the conservative side. I think as i pointed out before a couple of 200mph + runs and the tank would be empty. Maybe it is just the Choclate ones...
biggrin.gif

damn, see i put gas in when the light came on.. i only put in like 4 gallons.. the tank is a 5 gallon plus unit? So i had quite a few more miles left.... Good to know.

the light comes on when you have 0.9 gal left.

at 30mpg thats 27 mi.

Back