GAS FUMES..

busaJUNKEE

Registered
my garage seems u smell like gas alot, the smells comin from the busa but i cant find any leaks anywhere. also i had a half a tank that last time i rode and now she was low.

do you have any puddles under the bike. i know i smell like gas all the time but thats pretty normal
smile.gif

no puddles at all....but i was thnkin maybe the conection from the fuel pump to the injectors may be loose. but i looked under there and there aint no gas leakin out. i gotta find it soon the fumes are killing me.

i found the problem..when i put my fuel pump back on i didnt put the gasket back on...geez dumbass me coulda gone KABOOM..can i use silicone instead of goin an gettin another gasket from the dealer?

BUY A NEW GASKET!!!!!!

If it's the same fuel pump as my 2003 model it's an o-ring and silicone isn't going to take place of that. It might not leak when you first put it on there but I would be willing to bet it won't last.

i found the problem..when i put my fuel pump back on i didnt put the gasket back on...geez dumbass me coulda gone KABOOM..can i use silicone instead of goin an gettin another gasket from the dealer?
Don't feel bad I did the same thing when I had the tank repainted....Couldn't figure

But happened is when I disassembled the tank I guess the gasket stuck to the tank and I put all the parts in a bag. Took the tank to the painter got it back and reassembled and couldn't figure out why I could smell gas to find out the painter never even gave it back to me. Zuki shop wanted like 30 bucks for that gasket so don't loose it.

Back