Gary McCoy to race last 2 MotoGP races as wildcard

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
I think he'll be riding a Ducati.

It'll be cool to see how the new 800cc stacks up with the 998ccs.

Plus its always fun to watch the sliding master at work
biggrin.gif

(Charlesbusa @ Oct. 04 2006,10:54) I think he'll be riding a Ducati.

biggrin.gif
I think he is actually going to be riding the Ilmor. They have had that engine floating around for some time now. Very similar if I read correctly to the Foggy Petronas motor! Mario Illien has been bragging this thing up a lot lately. They are going to have to have a stud in the seat to run where they want to be though and McCoy aint it. Dude is fun to watch but he would be left for dead in the current MotoGP arena IMHO. Hope to see MotoCzyzz get into the ring too.

(bigoltool @ Oct. 04 2006,12:39)
(Charlesbusa @ Oct. 04 2006,10:54) I think he'll be riding a Ducati.

biggrin.gif
I think he is actually going to be riding the Ilmor. They have had that engine floating around for some time now. Very similar if I read correctly to the Foggy Petronas motor! Mario Illien has been bragging this thing up a lot lately. They are going to have to have a stud in the seat to run where they want to be though and McCoy aint it. Dude is fun to watch but he would be left for dead in the current MotoGP arena IMHO.  Hope to see MotoCzyzz get into the ring too.
You are right, he's not riding the Duc.

No way he'll finish in the top 5, doubtful he'll finsih in top 10, but still interesting
wink.gif

Looks like Mario Illien has a new chassis to put the Ilmor Engineering race engine "" 800cc, 75 degree V4 engine with pneumatic valves --- rev limit in the 17-18k range "" and needed a good rider to shake the engine down and offer chassis feedback .

BTW , these are lease engines .

Back