Gary and Leigh Mitchell Have Died In a Crash

I'm DEEPLY saddened by this. Gary and I had AWESOME banter on Facebook. Very sad news to hear. Thank you Vabs for letting me know.

:please:

This is a real bummer and yet another reason I'm terrified now to ride on the street.
He sent me an email a week or so ago asking about a vacation to sofla.

God needed two new Angels that day I guess? :(

I see where you are coming from and I know you have seen carnage close up, so I appreciate what you are saying. But for me I try to never do or not do things out of fear, do them out of a passion. A couple years ago I spent 5 days in the hospital with congestive heart failure basically waiting to die. The worse part of that was that I was dying for nothing more than I ran out of medicine and waited too long to refill it. I didn't know Gary and Leigh personally but from their posts I know they were people who used every minute they had on this planet to the fullest. So I raise my drink to that, and even at the cost of two more great souls here's to living every minute.

Sad to hear. Prayers for their family. They will b in my thoughts. We have to stay cautious out there. Eyes on the road and wheels on the ground. Rip Gary and Leigh

RIP aussiesuzuxirider and Leigh...condolences and prayers sent for their friends and family

Tough news to hear on any front.
Heart goes out to the family.
Prayers and strength sent there way.

This is a real bummer and yet another reason I'm terrified now to ride on the street.
He sent me an email a week or so ago asking about a vacation to sofla.

God needed two new Angels that day I guess? :(
Yep, they were doing eastern US on this visit. I was gonna tag along from the Keys to Charleston. They were awesome people.

thats awful! RIP. are they required to wear helmets there or is it optional?
I think it's law and they did. The impact was sudden and tremendous the fuel cell is completely crushed by Gary on impact. From what I saw I don't think Gary even hit the brakes. It's a shame, two awesome people.

From one of their sons :

Jason Mitchell

Jason Mitchell and Brenden Mitchell would like to inform all family and friends of Gary Mitchell and Leigh Mitchell that their funeral will be held on Saturday the 7th of March at 12 noon at:
Great Southern Memorial Park Crematorium.
1774-1794 Mt Cotton Road, Carbrook

This is a day of celebration and remembrance of our parents, a day to share good stories and loving memories of these two very special people who touched all of our lives.

Wake details to follow.

Very sad
I didn't know Gary and Leigh, but understand the loss to his family and friends.
Condolences to all who knew and loved them.

Very sobering, this happened minutes from my place.

You know I read post like this and realize that no matter how seasoned we are, how defensive we drive, how much experience we have, this reminds me that this is an inherently dangerous sport we choose to enjoy.

I would never STOP riding out of fear, but you do have to stop and think, if it can happen to seasoned, sane, experienced riders like this, I am no better a rider than them. Therefore by the grace of time and powers to be, I have never met the same fate. You sort of feel more mortal when you read about these. Once this stops being fun, its time to sell and find another way to enjoy a different hobby.

*sigh*. RIP. These are harder to take than the chytheads that ride stupid and kill themselves.

Back