Garmin Zumo 590lm aux/switched live wiring help.

Vindaloobeast

Registered
Good evening forum,

I fell off my gen 1 Busa and Im in the process of buying a gen 2 model and need to wire my Garmin Zumo 590lm to the bike. It comes with an open ended wiring loom for crimps to be fitted to link to the battery.

What I want to know is on the gen 2 bike is there any aux wiring ready to plug into for accessories and if not where is the best place to pick up a switched live to link the wiring directly to OR pull off a feed for a fuzeblock from here FUZEBLOCKS.COM ?

I can put my Optimate lead straight on the battery and Ive considered making up a plug to fit that loom but rather do it in a quality and almost factory look way if possible.

I really dont like red/yellow/blue crimps...they look terrible.

Vindy.

If you are going to just hook it up you can tap into the running lights in the corners of the headlight (brown wire). If you are going to put in a Fuzebox then you tap into the license plate light (also brown) plus you will have to run a wire from the battery. Someone also makes a plug n play plug to get ignition power but I can't remember who it is. I'm sure someone will chime in with that info.

Let me know please...the runner at the rear is fave as the 'spare' aux plugs on the Garmin loom need to sit under the seat really...if someone makes a plug n play solution Id like to buy it.

Let me know please...the runner at the rear is fave as the 'spare' aux plugs on the Garmin loom need to sit under the seat really...if someone makes a plug n play solution Id like to buy it.

smithabusa makes a wiring harness that plugs into your running lights. No splicing needed. Below is the link to his site.

Frankenstein Replacement Bolts

I would send him a PM first to make sure he still makes them. I have one and it's great. It gives you additional plugs in the front and tail section of the bike. All controlled by a key switch so your accessories don't drain your battery when the bike is off.

Below is a link to one of my threads. It shows how to remove the nose fairing. You don't need to remove the nose fairing for this but if you look at the last picture, Arrow 5 shows where you would plug the accessory harness.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/maintenance-do-yourself/180966-nose-fairing-removal-question.html

Hope that helps.

JPunisher

I would go with the fuse block as it makes adding accessories easy. The fuse block will have switched/unswitched power. That is what I did. My fuse block is in the trunk and radar, GPS, Bike to bike radio, USB power and XM radio are connected there.

The box attaches to the battery directly. Then there is a relay that picks up the on off signal. That was attached to the license plate light. If you mount the fuse box in the front take it from the running light. Note also to use heavy gauge wire (#14 or #16) to the fuse box as it has the potential to pas along a lot of amps. I have a connection up front for my heated gear and that is a pretty good draw.

I would go with the fuse block as it makes adding accessories easy. The fuse block will have switched/unswitched power. That is what I did. My fuse block is in the trunk and radar, GPS, Bike to bike radio, USB power and XM radio are connected there.

The fuze block is a good option but it is a bigger investment (block + wire kit = $117 + shipping). If you are only planning 1 or 2 accessories I would probably still go with the smithabusa harness ($27 + shipping) any more than that and I agree with fallenarch. Your GPS wiring harness should already have an inline fuze anyway (if I am not mistaken).

Back