GARMIN ETREX LEGEND GPS

BLU88

Registered
went out yesterday and bought the garmin etrex legend gps.
it has all of the features that i will need and got a sweet deal on it. I was looking on ebay to see if i could get one cheep, but i couldnt, so i went to best buy and looked at them.

they didnt have them in stock, so the guy called over to the other one and they had them... so when i got there they took 10% off for being out of stock at the other store.

Been playing with it for the last day .. cant wait to get it on the bike and really play with it...
smile.gif

here is a pic of it ...( from their website)

need to find a good stem mount for the bike.
Any help out there?

GARMINLEGENDPIC.jpg

You should have checked with BT because went through a few of them. He was trying to find a good mount also or have one fabricated. Maybe PM him.

Hey Blu, I pm'ed ya back. Just wanted to give you a heads up when you get it on the bike don't stare at too long. I know why the thing has a disclaimer now. I noticed myself looking down at way more than I should of.

THANKS GNTWIST. .. Hopefully it wont rain this weenend and i can test it on the bike...
biggrin.gif

That is the same one I have been using for about 3 years (got that model right after it came out).

Here some personal info.

Watch the buttons on the sides. They can come off and are a bitch to find but superglue works well when you find it.

Get the Garmin TOPO USA map on CD rom. You have 8mb of memory on the unit. You can load several topo maps for the area you are going to travel. They have every dirt road, deer trail, back road, etc (along with all the paved roads) that you can think of. I can load about half of North Carolina to mine (called a map set).

I used Velcro to attach mine to the top of the tank. I'm just not to fond of the idea about using a mount. Most of the mounts I have seen seem like they are just waiting to impale you. If you go that route check out "sportbikecam.com" site (I think thats the name). The mount uses the gas cap allen bolts to hold it in place. neat setup.

Enjoy, Chris

Back