Garage storage?? How to make it fit

TorontoBusa

Donating Member
Registered
I have limited space in the garage, and want to park the busa perpenticular to the car, but its to heavy to lift it.

Any idea's on how I can make something up to slide the back over?

I was thinking of making a little cart, plywood with 4 castors, and drive over it.

OR, ad castors to the rear wheel stand, but not sure if that would be secure.

Would appreciate some ideas and suggestions. And if you have a pic of what you have done, that would be great!

I have my Busa on the Harbor Freight dolly....works very well. I ride onto it too. Very easy to assemble, seems really durable and is easy to move around with the bike on it.

Can you back it in (no pun intended LOL) while the handlebars are turned to the left so the rear wheel goes where it supposed to be (the front will be a bit crooked), and then just move her back and forth a couple of times till the front straightens?

Can you back it in (no pun intended LOL) while the handlebars are turned to the left so the rear wheel goes where it supposed to be (the front will be a bit crooked), and then just move her back and forth a couple of times till the front straightens?

Can't becaus my steps to get in the garage are in the way. So tight, I may have to cut them down to fit in

I have one of these, which would work great for the real wheel. BUT I can't get the bike on it.

This might work, if I could get it under the wheel

I love mine, and got it on sale last year!

Busa_Dolly_SM.jpg

Now I get how to roll it on, without it rolling away.

I watched the video, that works well to stop it from rolling around.

I didn't like that set up for 2 reasons:
1. The bike is leaning at an angle on the sidestand and therefore it takes up more room. It will also be a little awkward to do maintenance on that stand because of the lean.
2. It also looks like it was a little wobbly when you drove up on it.

I made my own out of 3/4 inch plywood (2 layers) and some casters and put a Baxley sport chock on the front and used my rear stand on the back.
The ramp on the back folds up to save a little more room.
It is big enough to put the bike on the sidestand if I want
It is 3 feet by 8 feet log and solves the 2 problems above for me.
I like to do oil changes, clean wheels lube chain on it so I painted it white so I could see dropped parts.
The corner is orange so my wife won't trip on it comming down the stairs into the garage.
JMO

DSC02891_edited.jpg

DSC02893_edited.JPG

DSC02894_edited.JPG

I didn't like that set up for 2 reasons:
1. The bike is leaning at an angle on the sidestand and therefore it takes up more room. It will also be a little awkward to do maintenance on that stand because of the lean.
2. It also looks like it was a little wobbly when you drove up on it.

I made my own out of 3/4 inch plywood (2 layers) and some casters and put a Baxley sport chock on the front and used my rear stand on the back.
The ramp on the back folds up to save a little more room.
It is big enough to put the bike on the sidestand if I want
It is 3 feet by 8 feet log and solves the 2 problems above for me.
I like to do oil changes, clean wheels lube chain on it so I painted it white so I could see dropped parts.
The corner is orange so my wife won't trip on it comming down the stairs into the garage.
JMO
innovative.:thumbsup::bowdown:

I was wondering what the orange is for...the wife, LoL

Pretty cool home made job. You'd still have a bit of money invested though.

I can see pros and cons for each type.

All I need now is a remote control for the Harbor Freight unit so I can drive it around the garage...and so it can change the bikes oil itself~!~

Redline Stands with casters....I roll mine all over the garage to make room.

Back