gamers:

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
Battlefield 2142 demo is out. It's a whopping 1.2 GIG download. Anyone gonna be playing tonight? I'm riding for a while then heading home to fire it up

Battlefield-2142-b2-16.jpg

my standard game name for blowing people away into tiny blood-drenched bits is: WWJD like always
smile.gif

Using the EA downloader it took about 35 minutes to dl. I have not played BF2 in a while so I am not sure I remember how to play.

Games are getting more and more complex nowadays

all_coholic.gif

(BusaCruise @ Oct. 06 2006,18:13) I am a Joint Ops person myself......when I have the time.
I'm on JO all the time! You've probably killed me on occasion
smile.gif
I just go running in guns a blazin like an idiot - which is usually a noisey distraction for someone coming up your rear. BUT, I take bases and score pretty high

Best, underrated game ever!

Havent plugged in the game system in a while much less played them on line.

(05BUSABLU @ Oct. 08 2006,00:41) it gave me some lame error after i downloaded it...so bumbed it looks cool
I've heard there's a DIRECTX file missing but you can fix at Microsoft.com/directx site, just install Direct X again, and that might fix it. Buddy told me about it. My system was already patched I guess

It's cool but the busy servers get choppy 30+ up to 64 players and it gets laggy

glitchy just like all the other Q3 engine based games. For those of you who dont know, these games go back from the original Q based engine. Glitchy, and very hackable. Be ready for all the exploited wallhacks and aimbots to come. Just fyi. But decent looking.

I could be wrong, but didn't DICE do all thier own stuff since the initial BF1942? not Quake engine?

(WWJD @ Oct. 08 2006,18:38) I could be wrong, but didn't DICE do all thier own stuff since the initial BF1942?  not Quake engine?
Quake was built on the Twilight engine. All the games in the battlefield series are built on the Refractor 2 engine.

EA has gone to great lengths to keep hacks out of the game with the PunkBuster software bundled into their games.

I tried it on Friday night. It is pretty cool. I just don't want to spend any more time then I already do staring at a video screen. I like EA's business model with their games though, very inovative. Video games have come a long way since pong.

Back