Gamers decipher enzyme structure in virus

I heard about that, go figure we don't do it till it's fun. I heard it's the enzym aids needs in order to spread through the human body. Kinda interesting.

I heard about that, go figure we don't do it till it's fun. I heard it's the enzym aids needs in order to spread through the human body. Kinda interesting.

It's not so much the fun factor involve. it's the complexity of the research/testing that is needed. Foldit is a tool to expand the research team. Designed for anyone to be able to do it and have some desire to do it.

Yea I was reading this in the morning...crazy..they cracked it in 3 weeks.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

damn scientists were being lazy, using those billions in research grants. ok, let's design a "balance the budget before the US defaults and causes a global economic crash" game.

damn scientists were being lazy, using those billions in research grants. ok, let's design a "balance the budget before the US defaults and causes a global economic crash" game.

You understand how it works? Lazy has nothing to do with it. There is so much involved in getting results that any given team(scientists) doesn't have the time to get accomplishments. Folding is a way to expand the testing team. Kinda turning anyone involved as part of a "Super Computer". The more involved the more powerful the computer per say. There is no telling who just might find the answer. Whether it be playing a game designed to fold or a program that runs in the background while you operate your computer. :thumbsup:

i was being sort of sarcastic. it's been over 10 years, and these over schooled lab rats couldn't find an answer, but a bunch of no sex having WOW geeks could? not only that, the scientists were getting paid. for over 10 years. i mean, seriously?

abstinence-program.jpg

Picture_099_610x515.jpg

81456168.jpg

i was being sort of sarcastic. it's been over 10 years, and these over schooled lab rats couldn't find an answer, but a bunch of no sex having WOW geeks could? not only that, the scientists were getting paid. for over 10 years. i mean, seriously?
whos to say the scientists were getting any also....???? lol

Over half the households in the US have at least one gamer living in them. The gap is closing to 50/50 male/female gamers. As with every lifestyle.... Good and bad... People are often stereotyped one way or another. Even us Busa riders! :laugh:

250full-3.jpg

Amazing that someone even thought of a game to decipher the 3-D structures of molecules. Brilliant.

Back